FP10 mix help

carvedones

May 16, 2007
I have a presonus fp10 + a behringer 4ch headphone amp. I am trying to get dual mix with cubase le4 but having no luck. I want to be able to setup in the headphones so i can have 2 different mixes going. one for the drummer and one for me so to speak. Is it possible?

You can connect your headphones to the hp output in front of the firepod, and the drummer's headphones (or the hp amp) to one output in the rear panel so you'll can send there the tracks or the bus you want send to the drummer

Yes of course it's possible but you'll have to monitor within the daw cause the FP doesn't have an internal routing capable dsp. So minimal latency is mandatory.
You just have to create a secondary output in cubase connexions ( 3-4 for example assuming you want stereo, 3=left , 4=right, 3+4=center ) then route fx sends (PFL) of each needed tracks to this output instead of an fx track .

It's pretty much what you'd do with an hardware mixer.

Use sends from the tracks in Cubase to interface outputs 3-4 (which are connected to the headphone amp with balanced TRS)

Since you likely don't need to record with effects on you can set your buffer size much lower and get really low latency.

I have a presonus fp10 + a behringer 4ch headphone amp. I am trying to get dual mix with cubase le4 but having no luck. I want to be able to setup in the headphones so i can have 2 different mixes going. one for the drummer and one for me so to speak. Is it possible?

I use the same setup (well, FP10 and berhringer headphone amp), and I do what the others here have suggested, but with a twist.

I run the headphone out from the FP10 into the aux input on the front of the Behri amp...I then set up sends to send audio from whatever tracks I want to interface outs 8 and 9. With the control knob on the Behri to control the aux input volume, and then the volume on the sends in Nuendo,, I have the full mixed audio, and then I can give the people with the headphones "more me" if they need it. It'd be nice to have an amp where I could do this for, say, 4 different headphone mixes, but the Behri isn't that robust.