Presonus Firepod (FP10) issue. NEED HELP!

Sep 4, 2011
Jackson MS
So i have a little problem with my Presonus FP10 that i'm hoping maybe someone can help me out with because its a huge pain to deal with..I'm running cubase 5 and at random times, (sometimes it will last a while somtimes not so long) the playback will just stop and i cant hear anything. none of my tracks show a signal of being played back either. When i switch to my line 6 ux1 in cubase (strictly used as a dongle to run pod farm) audio plays back fine. The only way i can get it back is by restarting my computer..i feel as if it is an audio driver but ive read several different things and heard from a few people stating that installing the latest audio drivers for the firepod or fp10 from the presonus website fucked their firepod..at a loss and its really starting to irritate me. anyone had this before or have any ideas? Ive tried several things but am open to anything if it gives me another shot at figuring this shit out

Yeah I never upgraded my firmware due to the issues I heard about around the net. I haven't had one in a couple years, but the fix for me was asking presonus for the firmware downgrader.

Yeah, i have a friend that had some different issues with his firepod after downloading the drivers and when he asked to get the previous firmware for a downgrade, presonus told him that they had completely gotten rid of the previous versions. which sounds like some bullshit to me haha, and this was fairly recently. Anyways, i ended up taking the risk and downloading the drivers (call me stupid if you want lol) but so far i havent had any issues with the playback crashing. only time will tell, but so far the last 3-4 hours of mixing have been solid!