Fractal Cab Pack 5

i'd like to try it but imho it's too expensive compared to other packs.
i am using the ownhammer high gain essentials IR's atm and i think
they sound absolutely great, can't imagine a real "gain" by buying the fractal cab.

do you have any recordings using these IR's? :)

also fractal does not allow paypal, so if you don't own a credit card, you're screwed.
i had to move to hell and back to be able to purchaase cab lab...

Well actually Cab Pack 5 is only $20 while the Ownhammer is $99, so I went with what my bank account would allow haha; I can't imagine getting more bang for my buck.

Anyways, i'll be posting some recordings real soon, just a rough time in school right now and tracking our new stuff ASAP takes priority over making a few samples, but I'll get it done!

I've got a friend with a Kemper and myself with the Axe FX II, and we agree that they both kick ass haha. Personally I feel the Axe is superior because of the insane amounts of awesome IRs around now, and the more accurate high gain modelling with a definite edge in the reverb/delay effects and customization. I'd be happy with either though!

Looking at the actual Ownhammer site now, I see the lower-cost packs you can buy on there. I was looking at the Ownhammer in the Fractal Store.

What Ownhammer IRs would you guys recommend?

Hard to go wrong with Ownhammer.

High Gain Essentials- I prefer the Mesa cab. 16 ohm Chinese V30 seems the brightest, followed by the 8 ohm Chinese V30; the English V30 seems fullest and a little darker (my favorite)

Studio Mix Libraries- Modern speaker collection

I also like the Mesa V2 library but it's more of an individual mic type of thing where you mix more than 1 IR together if I remember correctly.

I don't want to derail the thread, but was wondering what people think is better in terms of the OwnHammer Mesa library vs. the Kalthallen Mesa library. I'm inclined toward Kalthallen because it offers solid state power amps, which doesn't color the tone, which makes a lot of sense to me if you're using an accurate model of both the pre and power stage. But maybe the OwnHammer mic positions are captured better.

edit: oops, just noticed OwnHammer offers solid state option too. Still interested in which people prefer though.

I don't want to derail the thread, but was wondering what people think is better in terms of the OwnHammer Mesa library vs. the Kalthallen Mesa library. I'm inclined toward Kalthallen because it offers solid state power amps, which doesn't color the tone, which makes a lot of sense to me if you're using an accurate model of both the pre and power stage. But maybe the OwnHammer mic positions are captured better.

edit: oops, just noticed OwnHammer offers solid state option too. Still interested in which people prefer though.

The Ownhammer give you the option of two different tube power amps along with the solid state option. For the Axe II, I actually prefer the poweramp live IR's, (I had a personal conversation with Kevin concerning all of his different options and why and when certain IR's should or shouldn't be used). I also have tried the Kalthallen IR's and there's no question in my mind that I personally prefer the Ownhammer high gain V30's.