FRAMUS Cobra and 5150 Boosted for some Killswitch Engage Tone!

Hey man,

It sounds a bit flat to me. I know the character of the amps and potential is there, but I'd be looking at trying to suck some of them lower mids out of there. The muted bits sound a bit muddier than the album, potentially due to overgaining the amps. I think the mix is pumping or something also, as it's a bit fatiguing to listen to.

Sounds good in the slower parts. The muted parts I'm not too sure about. It gets abit muddy. I'd say back off the gain a touch and ensure those parts are as tight as possible.
Listening to it afew times now, I'd say it's not that the playing is untight; the picking is in sync, but there is noise at the start and/or end of the mutes that aren't tight which cloud the part.
The actual tone is pretty huge though!

just took al listen and it sure has potential. the first (raw) clip had some mud going on, I agree that it's probably partly caused by the playing. it seems that you fixed it quite well in the remix but it does sacrifice some of the impact the guitars had in the raw version.
I'd say: back off on the gain a bit and on the resonance too prabably, perhaps compensate a bit by turning up the low and work on your damping skills and tightness then you should be able to get a killer tone!

The overall sound is very cool..and the last riff is KILLER! But I think, it´s not perfectly tight and synchron..I mean, the lead sounds a little bit loose together with the drumbeat.

Ohh no doubt the playing is sloppy. I just try and bang the strings to hard to the point of almost putting them out of tune and as a result I get sloppy. I can't play of Floyded guitars as I literally pull it out of tune. :lol: o_O

That's why I like reamping other peoples stuff better. :lol:

I might actually post up the guitars on their own so you can have a listen.

Ohh no doubt the playing is sloppy. I just try and bang the strings to hard to the point of almost putting them out of tune and as a result I get sloppy. I can't play of Floyded guitars as I literally pull it out of tune. :lol: o_O

That's why I like reamping other peoples stuff better. :lol:

I might actually post up the guitars on their own so you can have a listen.

Okay dude :headbang: I can say, I like what I hear A LOT ! Great sound, indeed.

Hey man, pretty cool - I agree about there being too much gain, and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but I find it a bit nasally (around the 2k range, which is actually the characteristic I always associate with Engls, though I guess you didn't use your PB for this). I only listened to the remixed version, but I don't find it too low-middy at all. Keep up the good work dude!

Probably my favourite tone I think I've ever been able to record. But you may shit all over that.

Anyways here it is.

2 Tracks of Boosted Framus Cobra and 2 Tracks of Boosted 5150.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/389816/teohKsEpoidamixframus5150boosted.mp3

A bit fo a remix

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/389816/teohKsEpoidamixframus5150boostedremix.mp3

I love the tone man, care to give a bit of info on what mics used (friedman technique?), cabs used, preamps... ect?

Thanks,

Dfer

Put a high shelf on from 1.5khz on at -2dB and you should have a more workable tone for this particular mix.

The potential is IMMENSE. Less highs a bit more mids and more lows. This would be fuckin' jizztastic after you make those changes.

Dude i've heard you dooo sooo so soosooosososososososososososooososooosososososos much better. come on. :|