Framus Dragon 4x12 Cabinet, any good ?

pifos_2

des scoubidoubidous wha !
Jan 15, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
howdy how :headbang:

I was just wondering if anyone of you guys had tried the Framus Dragon 4X12 cabinet ?

Its loaded with celestion V30's and made in germany. As I live in belgian, I can get it easily from a german online music store.

Easily and ...... damn cheap. Less than the half of the Rectifier 4X12 price ....

But what about the sound and the quality. I, for sure, will not have the chance to try and compare them...

So if you heard anything about 'em or own one. Feel free to drop few lines about it.

Thanx.

EDIT :
PS : I don't mind if it looks vintage or anything :) just want a good sound.

Both guitarplayers in my band use them. They sound great, but the buildquality is worse than Mesa, Bogner, etc.
I'd be a little concerned if I took it out on the road.

I like mine very much! I'm not sure if I like the sound of the Framus or a Mesa better - there was too much time between playing these cabs.
The Framus got very thin wood and I think this makes the sound a bit more focused... if this makes sense

Yeah maybe get the Harley Benton...

buy a harley benton, they are the ones who produce framus cabs, they look identical (besides different logo) and they are way more cheaper, half the price of a framus.
320-350 for a cab with V30's

God damn thats cheap for a cab. My cab new was just shy of $800 usd.

However as I put in a previous post, I flipped a car at 70mph and cab was fine.

haha was that a recto cab or something? I must've missed the thread

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...ngled-Cab-with-Vintage-30-Speakers?sku=487764

Sorry I exadgerated. Only $700 usd. I have an older blue tolex one.

I want another cabinet and I think it would have to be as durable as this one :headbang:. The only thing thats plastic is the input jacks on the back everything else is metal or wood.

That being said this is probably literally the only product that crate makes thats worth throwing money at. I would gladly take the pepsi challenge against any marshall cab as this one would totally blow it out of the water (durability wise).

I tried the Powerball a bit in a local shop, wasnt impressed really had a bit too many switches/buttons and knobs for me and it didnt crush my face....maybe the Marshall 1960 cab the guy put it on had something to do with it :p

Mesa cabs seem to be totally brilliant but they cost an arm and a leg. In a way its kinda good, least then you always have something to strive for and upgrade too.

Or is that way of thinking totally shite? haha :)