FREDMAN 4X12 MIC METHOD.

I thought B was correct..lol...that's what I used whenever I did the Fredman...

I prefer single micing though. (from diagram C, the mic that is almost straight on where the cup meets the cone is my favourite spot)

Yeah I always end up in that area myself, where the cap & cone meet, sometimes nudged a little close to the cap, sometimes nudged more to the cone, but generally that exact spot is pretty much a winner. I would see the way Ryan does it would be good for tones I try to get, not that I'm good at mic'ing cabs or anything... I will be trying his positioning on my current project, may end up moving the position closer to the cap or even to the point where it's like figure B (the "typical" placement), but we'll see.

And after so much experimentation with my setup, I really find I can't live without the bite and clarity from being closer to the dustcap (between 70% on/30% off to 50/50, but no further), and a little subtractive eq solves the fizz!

A friend tryed to open my eyes about this "typical 6khz" on 2 channel rectifier (he have a pre500) and he say that fizz is fuck out when you replace 5U4GB by GZ34. I think I need a try...:lol:

Hello there. I´m trying to reproduce the Fredman technique with impulses. When you record a real amp with that technique you have 2 tracks of the same audio so... when you are doing quadtracking you have 4 tracks of two audios on left and 4 of another on right... is that right??? total 8 tracks, I´m not sure how to do this with impulses: 8 reverbs for the eight tracks, using sends or out buses... what do you think???

Thanks in advance.

I use figure "B" about 2 inches back from the cab depending on tuning.... I might shift a few mm left or right as well. Can have massive impact on the tone.

-0z-