Free Bass Amp Plugin! BASSTARD!!

meanmrmustad

Supreme Member
Aug 27, 2009
Oaxaca, Mexico
basstr.PNG

Basstard, A very metal bass guitar amp simulator.

Pick from 3 very rude bass preamps and cabinets, and up the growl switch for that slamming bass tone you were always looking for!

Get it here!
http://audioassault.bigcartel.com/product/basstard

I tested this with FrankTheSmith's Kontakt bass VSTi, and thought this plugin sounded pretty cool on it. However, I get ASIO spikes and dropouts particularly when switching preamps and cabs.

hey man this sounds great! are you using any kind of spectrum matching for this plugs? which amp is devil based of? saludos desde Venezuela

I don't know how you do this, seems like you're putting out good plugins more often than I'm taking a dump,
and I'm not feeling constipated. You must be a goddam genious, awesome job man!

Makes me wonder what you could achieve if you really started to put some time in your plugins,
and I'm not talking about just ampsims, why not e.g. a distressor emu? or actually don't.
Slate is already on his mission to emulate the shit out of everything legendary,
and he'll probably destroy the competition with his army of ninjas.

Instead, you could possibly stand out innovating new stuff since you clearly possess some raw talent for this.

Just my 2c, cheers!

I don't know how you do this, seems like you're putting out good plugins more often than I'm taking a dump,
and I'm not feeling constipated. You must be a goddam genious, awesome job man!

Makes me wonder what you could achieve if you really started to put some time in your plugins,
and I'm not talking about just ampsims, why not e.g. a distressor emu? or actually don't.
Slate is already on his mission to emulate the shit out of everything legendary,
and he'll probably destroy the competition with his army of ninjas.

Instead, you could possibly stand out innovating new stuff since you clearly possess some raw talent for this.

Just my 2c, cheers!

Thanks man!

Here's a new GrindMachine Test using White cab and Basstard on Bass

Last edited by a moderator:
So you will emulate an emulator?

What happens if someone emulates the emulators that you emulated?

Maybe you can start emulating guitar picks ....I don't think anyone has done that yet.

That's the point man, don't emulate stuff that other developers are already doing, pretty good I might add.

Why not use all the technology we have today to create something original & awesome?

I'd like to see Onqel, Lepou & Kazrog come out with original designs too, since they clearly are very good
at what they do. This forum breeds awesome people and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Behringer would probably have all the resources today to make some original products,
but there's a huge market for cheaper replicas/emulations this time we live in.

Business-wise I guess it's a good stragegy to create the ultimate emu of something people want to buy and can't afford the real thing,
just to gain respect of the community, and after that make a killer design of your own.

As I said, Slate's a businessman, so he's probably not gonna go from emus to originals anytime soon.
I wish he did, and also other members of this forum who design plugins.

If you want to do something original, make Boss HM-2. Only AXP has it in his list.
Other idea could be Ampeg VH140C

Last edited by a moderator:
[Prime];10800304 said:
So you will emulate an emulator?

What happens if someone emulates the emulators that you emulated?

Maybe you can start emulating guitar picks ....I don't think anyone has done that yet.

9jllds.gif

Because you said something like...think of you as the Behringer to Slate emulations....but you edited that out of your post #10.

Anyway... that would make you an emulator of an emulator.

Which made me wonder what would happen if someone emulated the emulator that you emulated.

It's all very clear.

[Prime];10800461 said:
Because you said something like...think of you as the Behringer to Slate emulations....but you edited that out of your post #10.

Anyway... that would make you an emulator of an emulator.

Which made me wonder what would happen if someone emulated the emulator that you emulated.

It's all very clear.

I meant that as in price hahaha

Emulator of an emulator...Like ZSNES running on dosbox?

Like running Parallels Windows emulation on Hackintosh OSX machine with an AMD CPU and then running Virtual Box Linux emulation on the emulated Windows that runs Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator from a Windows XP machine running VNC connected to the Hackintosh OSX machine.

9jllds.gif

Like this...

Windows XP VNC-->Hackintosh AMD OSX-->Parallels Windows Emulation-->Virtual Box Linux-->M.A.M.E.

When your done it looks like this...

pong-animation-bruno-bougie.gif