Free beejays for:

A. Iverson

deceased
Jul 17, 2005
Bahrain
My request may seem rather unusual at first, but im pretty confident you guys can help me out with this.

I go jogging/running alot. I like to listen to songs on the MP3 player when im running. However, alot of the songs are either too fast or too slow to match the tempo of my running pace. This may seem silly, but for those of you have actually tried it, it really unbalances you and makes you feel out of sync while you jog. In contrast however, when the song matches your pace, i'ts amazing how you feel like you keep on going on forever.

Anyway, what i discovered is that the optimum tempo which matches my pace of running is 130-160 bpm. So far the only songs i have that match that temp are a few nevermore songs, couple of Finntrol songs and a Meshuggah, which amounts to a total of around 20 minutes listening time. Needless to say, the distance i can run in just 20 minutes is pretty :erk:ful (2 km for those wandering, thats just under a mile and a half for ye yanks). So, here's what i need:

1) Recommendations of songs within the bpm range of around 150

or

2) A program that can alter the tempo of a song (without changing the pitch of course)

Anyone???

thats the tricky part. You see when i realised that those songs clicked with me i dowloaded their powertabs/guitarpros to find out their bpm. Im not asking you to randomly download a whole shitload of tabs just to figure out their bpms, you can leave that part to me. What YOU can do to help me is this:

listen to the following songs:

Nevermore - Engines of Hate
Nevermore - Narcosynthesis
Meshuggah - New Millenium Cyanide Chrsit
Finntroll - Kitteldags
Finntroll - Midnattens Widunder

Now you'll have an idea of the tempo im after, so you can quickly run through the songs you currently have within reach, and see which best matches the tempo of the songs i mentioned :)

Yeah and you can also look through the tabs that you already have and see if any fall within the range of 130-160 bpm

cheers and thanks in advance

heres a handful of songs. i picked all metal songs since i assumed thats what you probably wanted. and i tried to give you a variety. hopefully theyre accurate for your needs of bpm...i actually didnt use any programs, just used my ear to try and find some which could work for that tempo.

hypocrisy - reversed reflections
lamb of god - 11th hour
judas priest - hard as iron
zyklon - an eclectic manner
armageddon - embrace the mystery
massacre - cryptic remains
testament - eerie inhabitants
arch enemy - pilgrim

As an offhanded response, I'll just say that there's probably some DJ software that will allow you to do what you're talking about. I listen to a workout oriented podcast every now in which the DJ sets the whole podcast to a certain bpm. Most of it without pitch-shifting, iirc. I'll take a look and get back to you.

I know that iTunes has a bpm category, but most music doesn't come with that info (some songs, of course, fluctuate). But it seems to me that this info is of importance to people in your situation and, again, dj's. So my guess is that it's out there, somewhere...

If I can get you the info, how do I redeem it for the beejay? :p

NFU:
nice stuff, i have a few of them and im downloading the rest, thanks alot!
and no metal isnt the only genre im after, so if you have any other recommendations ...

soundave:
your program rocks!! You simplified my task a helluva lot so KUDOS to yuo!
However, it deeply saddens me to inform you that you will be not be recieving any homoerotic favors from me, since the program doesnt actually convert the BPM, just analyzes it :p
I still love you though :oops:

here's a direct link to soundave's program http://dl4.mixmeister.com/bpmanlyz.zip, perhaps you guys can use it on the songs that you have on your pc and get back to me on the names of songs within the range im after...

cheers

NFU:
nice stuff, i have a few of them and im downloading the rest, thanks alot!

soundave:
your program rocks!! You simplified my task a helluva lot so KUDOS to yuo!
However, it deeply saddens me to inform you that you will be not be recieving any homoerotic favors from me, since the program doesnt actually convert the BPM, just analyzes it :p
I still love you though :oops:

here's a direct link to soundave's program http://dl4.mixmeister.com/bpmanlyz.zip, perhaps you guys can use it on the songs that you have on your pc and get back to me on the names of songs within the range im after...

cheers

Glad to be of help. But 2 points I'd like to clarify:

1. I was hoping you'd hook me up with free beejays. I never dreamed you'd be giving them! :lol:

2. Now you can enter your info in iTunes and create smart playlists for workouts.

I'm still going to see if there are some straight up BPM converters out there. Stay tuned.

soundave said:
1. I was hoping you'd hook me up with free beejays. I never dreamed you'd be giving them! :lol:

sorry to dissapoint you ROFL!!

soundave said:
I'm still going to see if there are some straight up BPM converters out there.

you mean you're still after my bjs???? very flattering!!

:lol:

no but seriously, thanks dude!

With that nifty prog i got:

Prong - Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck (137 bpm)
Type O Negative - Anesthesia (137bpm)
Obituary - Insane (138)
God Among Insects - A Gush of Blood (155)
God Forbid - Antihero (150)
Nevermore - Final Product (148)
Opeth - Harlequin Forest (149)

and get this....

AMON AMARTH - METAL WRATH (150 bpm) ::Rofl::

how accurate is this thing anyway, i got a Nile track clocking in at at 93bpm and its one of the fastest tracks ive got on here. I also got another swallow the sun track which is really slow clocking in at 140 bpm.....if you tried to run to it, you'd never fucken get anywhere.

disclaimer: some of these ive downloaded just out of interest (i.e. amon amrath for one) at some point, im not declaring myself as a fan or anything

I haven't tried the program yet myself, so maybe it sucks. I don't know. I'm eager to try it.

@K.I.B: do you think that those wacky bpm's could be related to the actual bpm? By which I mean, is the Nile track more like 186 bpm or something like that? I wonder what sort of algo"rhythm" it uses....

Here's another handy tool, if you have time-stretching capabilities and the bpm info, and are trying to set up a bunch of songs to fit into your tempo requirements: Time-stretching calculator.

@ A. Iverson: Nah, I've given up on your promise of hooking me up with oral pleasures. :cry: I'm just sort of intrigued by this topic.

^ coincidentally, yes! Oh my!

-rabbit dude with the sean connery sig: thanks man im checking them out

-soundave: lol ok! thanks for your help!