Free clipper (GClip) for Mac

ahh the curse of protools!

i think a lot of people take ADC for granted though, its actually a hugely technical feature to implement. so great that digidesign (or whoever makes protools) have decided to suck terribly hard at something else.

not that i dislike specifically protools, they all suck, in some respect.

however, none suck as much as the joke that is protools HD! aha.

anyways, back to the topic at hand. i like george whongs W1 clone! not really a clipper, but turn down the response to 1ms, and its nearly one.. haha.

thanks,

i'm afraid i was being serious!

with pricing starting at $8,000-15,000 (which doesn't even include a fucking interface, add on $2000-4000) it sure is a bargain.

secondly, again a lack of ADC? on what the music industry regard as the holy grail of DAWs? hmm.

thirdly, would you like do do anything useful with it now? ok, time to shell out on more plugins.

fourthly, there are a lot of people that think protools just "sounds" better. there are so many levels on which this is just bullshit. but its the standard audiophool's argument.

overall, its a HUGE amount of money, for something that actually is less flexible, and doesn't offer that much of an advantage (the only one i can think of being; "HEY GUYS, LOOK MY BUDGET IS BIGGER, AND I'D LIKE THIS TO IMPLY THAT MY PENIS IS BIGGER") over gay-berg, or other daws.

i think people are envious not of protools HD, but having the budget to spend that amount of money on a DAW.

</rant> :)

thanks,

the main thing with PT is the compatibility and the ease of use for editing.

but for the price, logic is fucking killer! cant beat it. you can get the exact same quality, its justa bit different to use.

logic FTW!

granted, it is expensive....but that doesn't make the DAW less usable or more of a "joke".
the plugins cost the same as for any DAW (RTAS), you CAN buy TDM though which are more expensive (and more powerful) but you don't have to.
HD has got ADC of course, so that's not a point either....

so the only point that remains is PT being too expensive (true)....it still is by far the most powerful DAW

I was referring to "none suck as much as the joke that is protools HD"....this sentence is not money-related, but relates to features/quality/whatever....and in that context it is just wrong.

It really does grind my gears when people bitch about the price of HD, IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT DONT BUY IT!!!!!!

Use whatever you want but just because you cant afford something dont rubbish it. HD is awesome and worth every penny IMHO. It only takes a few sessions to pay for the HD rig (its really not that much money). Do what Lasse did and go on EBay. Sorry to go of topic............

sorry, i was misinformed about adc in protools hd.

even if i had the money, i wouldn't get protools hd, for serious!

cost aside though, i just don't get how people can think hd is inherently better than any other daw. when a sound wave creates a voltage in a mic, which is converted to a digital value, which is then written to a file, how can this value be any different, dependent on brand of daw? even if it is, the tools you have to work with are essentially the same. the true sound of a mix comes from the person sat behind the mixing desk.

if someone did give me the money, i'd buy gay-base 5, some nice plugins, samples, mic's, pre-amps, and an interface or 2. then just have the time of my life on the remaining amount!

at the end of the day, all daws are crap. its just what brand of crap we're willing to put up with! haha.

thanks,