Free Eventide Channel Strip Plugin :-O

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I have grabbed it and will check it out tomorrow.
AU VST and AAX
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...de.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-09%20at%2022.47.55.png

Cool, thanks for the heads-up!
I see there's even a microshift and all that jazz. Nice.

Thanks!

Is it just me, or does anyone else have issues with these License Manager programs? The iLok and also Waves always give me issues when searching for my plugins in Reaper. I have the directory listed properly, cleared cache and re-scanned, and Reaper just does not want to see the plugin. Happens every single time I try to use either of these License Managers.

EDIT: Oh. Apparently they sent me an email with the install file for the actual plugin. Doh! Reaper sees it, but crashes when I close the plugin window. Fuuuuu.

Hell yea! I see this being quite useful for vocal tracks. Compressor, eq, pitch shifter, and delays all in one? RAD

Just got done messing with it and I am quite liking this. Since it has the 2 compressors I was able to do a quick mix on a Bass guitar track I had and I might even stick with the sound in the end. Also seems like it will be awesome for vocals.

I also use Reaper and I am not running into any problems yet. Everything is fine and Reaper is not crashing. I have the most recent version.

"UltraChannel does not require you to own or use an iLok dongle, but the iLok License Manager and an ilok.com account are required to use the plugin."
Seriously?

"UltraChannel does not require you to own or use an iLok dongle, but the iLok License Manager and an ilok.com account are required to use the plugin."
Seriously?

yeah. you just save the licence to your computer instead of a physical ilok, if you want to do it that way.

awesome deal on quite an old plugin. not put it through its paces but hopefully its decent.

Had a go of this today.
Seems to be collapsing the stereo image a bit, actually quite a lot when I EQed a stereo guitar bus.
Will use for mono tracks only.
Maybe because I had the output transformer on.
Don't have time to fully investigate today.

Its not that big of a deal. Setup an account, install the license manager on your computer, download and instal the license. Done.
I just finally got a new computer and I'm trying to keep it free of Viruses,and I consider anything by PACE to be a virus.I had to have an exorcism done on my last computer to get rid of that nasty PACE rootkit.I just can't see anyone installing a PACE license manager for 1 12 year old plugin.

Thanks!

Is it just me, or does anyone else have issues with these License Manager programs? The iLok and also Waves always give me issues when searching for my plugins in Reaper. I have the directory listed properly, cleared cache and re-scanned, and Reaper just does not want to see the plugin. Happens every single time I try to use either of these License Managers.

EDIT: Oh. Apparently they sent me an email with the install file for the actual plugin. Doh! Reaper sees it, but crashes when I close the plugin window. Fuuuuu.
Yes it's a nightmare,and that Pace crap will keep reappearing even after you delete/uninstall it,make sure your AV is also set to remove rootkits(unless you're on a Mac).

Yes, it happen to me. Go through your browsers history and go back to the page you where redirected to after you filled in your info. The page is called called: "Eventide PlugIn License Promotion" DL links are there. They do not email the installer.

Why would the company give a brand new plugin for free, and then turn around and sell it for 250.00 the next day? I guess i dont understand their strategy here...

I just finally got a new computer and I'm trying to keep it free of Viruses,and I consider anything by PACE to be a virus.I had to have an exorcism done on my last computer to get rid of that nasty PACE rootkit.I just can't see anyone installing a PACE license manager for 1 12 year old plugin.
So don't install it. Plenty of us have no issues with pace/ilok and plenty of us are stoked to get a free channel strip.