FREE guitar tones from an instrumental metal album [FFO Fallujah, Cynic]

Dans

Jul 3, 2014
Only read on if you like the guitar tones! Check it out!

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/danshuang/sets/patterns-full-album-stream[/SOUNDCLOUD]

The guitars used on the album is an '99 Ibanez RG7421 w/ DiMarzio Ionizers, straight into an Axe Fx II for only DI tracking. The tones are later tweaked within the mix to suit the drums and bass better. Main rhythm and lead guitars were using only free amp sims, which you can find the settings below.

"Main rhythm guitars":

TNqFu960MsJpINEc

TSE808 for boost pedal, from TSE Audio.

ev8a3bFV3XcBdzbO

Emissary Amp from Ignite Amps. One of the best free amp sims out there, period. 'Shape' toggled on for a more 5150-ish distortion character, 'Bright' and 'Deep' on as well.

E2mba37XqB7uRSKX

IR loader from Ignite Amps as well, using a blend of two free IRs, one from Sperimental pack (Mesa Traditional) and one from Redline4 (Mesa Oversized from what I know).

e8EGTsrvQF9goK2a

ReaEQ, a free EQ plugin from Reaper, only cutting some muds and harshness, and adding some low end thumb. The only processing after this are the multi-band compressor that kicks in occasionally, and an EQ boosting a hair of high shelf on the mix bus.

"Main lead guitars":

IaUsfE4dTt04dUga

For lead tones, the TS999 from Ignite Amps totally kills. I like it with the 'Fat' toggle on.

68bgViN9jQdhdbqA

High mid dealt back for a smoother tone.

kimmfkbhuLcU2NaM

Since the amp setting naturally doesn't have much attack and edge, some harsher IRs (in mic positions I mean) are used to make it cut better, namely two Marshall 1960A IRs from RedWires, which are free!

There you have it! Hope you guys dig the tones and find this helpful.

Please feel free to drop by my projects Bandcamp and Facebook pages if interested. More infos can also be found in my earlier post on Sevenstring.org. Cheers!

You definitely didn't copy and paste this from Sevenstring.org, you just decided to have an artistic amount of space between your sentences.
Sb3ubVT.jpg