Remix of an old song (FFO Fallujah & Cynic)

Dans

Jul 3, 2014
Hey guys,
since my mixing skill has improved quite a lot after the learning experience of my first album, thought I'd remix one of my song to see how far have I gone, I guess it turned out pretty well.

And here's the original mix I released in my album.

Major changes are that I reamped the rhythm and lead guitars with new IRs from Rosen Digital. Namely Mesa OS and EVH 5150 on rhythm, Port City 2x12 on leads.
On the old version, it was Sperimental Pack's Mesa Trad and Fat Lazy Cabs' Mesa OS on rhythm, Redwirez's Marshall 1960A on leads.
Despite the new rhythm tone being Nick Crow Lab's 7170, all other guitars are Ignite Amps Emissary.

Everything else is basically the same, just remixed.

Tell me what you think of the new mix, which one do you prefer? (would be kinda embarrassing if you guys prefer the old one but feel free to let me know anyway :p )

Last edited:
Hi! The new mix is superb! It has more clear and presence. Congratulations!

One thing for the old mix: Omg, I wanna know the configuration of these cleans, if it is possible. I love it!

Hi! The new mix is superb! It has more clear and presence. Congratulations!

One thing for the old mix: Omg, I wanna know the configuration of these cleans, if it is possible. I love it!

Thanks man. The cleans are from my friend's Axe Fx II which I borrowed for making the album (I use only free amp sim for distorted tones tho).

I don't have the patch nor do I have the Axe Fx now, but I guess the tone was using Shiva amp with some 2x12 or 1x12 cab. Compressors before and after the amp, along with long delay and reverbs.