Free Native Instruments Xmas Special

Thanks bro, I'll give it a try.

Never been really interested in buying anything from Native Instruments, their whole scheme just seems so confusing to me, and they don't feel like explaining it.

I'm very much positively surprised. Sounds great! Kore might just be the synth I've been missing, although I thought I didn't need any more synths of this kind.

So... what's the difference between Kore and Kontakt?

If I'm not mistaken, Kontakt is more intented for drum sample use.

edit. I am mistaken.

From what I could understand Kore is like a "general devices central" and Kontakt is just one of these devices. You can load "Kontakt libraries" on Kore, but if you load them on Kontakt you´ll have more control.
I only have Kontakt Player 4 installed on my computer because I use Steven Slate Drums.

Can anyone who downloaded this free holyday library please confirm to me if they run on Kontakt or I need Kore to load them?

I don´t feel like installing Kore Player : /

Kontakt is a sampler.

Kore is a sort of mix and match NI instruments "center" as stated above. Say you have a few Native instruments, in Kore you can use these instruments in one interface.

Another big difference is that Kore hosts your Vst's and AU's whereas Kontakt is purely a sample library.

Kore will be a repository for all NI presets for the various instruments as well.. IE you can open Absynth presets.. Massive presets etc within Kore.

Thanks for telling me the difference, lol.

I downloaded it, gonna give it a try...

and narcossintese, Kontakt 4 player is free, right? Hows is it? much better than Kontakt 3?

EDIT OH, this sucks! Mac OS 10.5 and up only... guess it's time to upgrade...