Free Soundtoys plugin, heres the link...

I suspect they made it iLok just to be consistent with their other plugins - this way you have to register, you have to have a licensed copy regardless if it's free or not. They don't want it sub-hosted, they want control over their product, and they want the ability to market to potential clients (they had you register to get it). By requiring iLok, they now know the clients they market to have already accepted the iLok requirement for their other plugins they want to sell them. Seems pretty logical to me.

I suspect they made it iLok just to be consistent with their other plugins - this way you have to register, you have to have a licensed copy regardless if it's free or not. They don't want it sub-hosted, they want control over their product, and they want the ability to market to potential clients (they had you register to get it). By requiring iLok, they now know the clients they market to have already accepted the iLok requirement for their other plugins they want to sell them. Seems pretty logical to me.

or to quote myself :p
I'm guessing so that people don't just download the plugin and post it on blogs and shit for others to grab. By having it through ilok they're more in control of how many have been downloaded. Could be for any reason, like they want to see what the response is to these offers or if they should go further with more plugins of this sort, how many people are actually USING iloks, etc ... I'd say more than half of the reason is strictly marketing

Thanks everyone who has used my code in the original post,
im currently ranked 3rd overall in the competition and if i can keep in that place or higher i stand to win a prize,
Please share my code in the original post on your facebook twitter or whatever and help me win something!
Thanks Guys !