FREE stylish band, new vid, clone of cradle of filth, can do melodic minor scalez

• Thread starter gravedigger100%
  • Start date
G

gravedigger100%

Metal: A Headbanger's History. The Story is About to Be Filmed

The feature length documentary Metal: A Headbanger's History, to be released by Sanctuary Records in 2005, will begin filming July 30th in Oslo Norway. The film will take us on a global journey to understand the meaning of metal and its impact on society over the past 35 years. Interviews with musicians, fans, metal experts and detractors combined with rare stock footage will lead the viewer through the rich world of
metal's exhilarating musical highs as well as its shocking controversial lows. This film will give us a unique insight into this often-misunderstood art form and will be seen as its definitive documentary for years to come.

In the words of the film's writer/creator Sam Dunn, "Heavy metal is one of the most important cultural movements to emerge in last 40 years. I thought it was about time that someone gave metal the thoughtful, in-depth treatment it has long deserved.

Banger Productions, the film's producers, are also putting out the call to metal's super-fans from around the world in hopes of featuring them in the film. They are inviting fans to contact them with pictures and emails telling them why they you should be the ones to be interviewed. They are also looking for information on metal concerts, DJ nights and
underground record stores in the locations they will be filming.

The filming schedule is as follows:

Oslo, Norway - July 30-August 1
Bergen, Norway - August 2-3
Wacken Festival, Germany - August 4-8
London, England - August 9-13
Ottawa, Canada - August 18
Montreal, Canada- August 19-21
Toronto, Canada - September 6-10
New York, USA - September 15-19
Los Angeles California - September 20-25

The production is also seeking unique and rare video footage of anything metal-related: (1) footage of significant metal concerts, (2) interview footage with metal's key artists, (3) landmark events in metal's history (censorship trials, riots, etc.), and (4) footage of
metal fans congregating, or being interviewed, at various points in history -- from the early 70s to the present.

All inquiries and contributions are welcome:
www.metalhistory.com

they're not going to san francisco? personally, i dont care about bay area thrash very much, but you cant deny the early impact. it was surely more important to underground metal than fuckin gay glamed out LA...

neal said:
they're not going to san francisco? personally, i dont care about bay area thrash very much, but you cant deny the early impact. it was surely more important to underground metal than fuckin gay glamed out LA...
thats the first thing i thought while reading it, except they also forgot the florida death metal scene. i mean, it's not like bands like death did anything for metal. :Smug:

Cool, they're gonna film a lot in canada! Not really surprising though, metal is very popular in here, especially in Quebec. :D