Cradle Of Filth Record Bathory Cover, Film New Video

Zob Rombie

Fuggin GURU
Oct 21, 2002
Cherry Hill, NJ
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Dave of CRADLE OF FILTH has checked in with the following update:

"One thing not many people have heard so far is our BATHORY 'Bestial Lust' cover, which is set to appear on Japanese release of Nymphetamine as an extra track. We did this before BATHORY mainman Quorthon died but we'd still like to think of it as a tribute to them. Maybe this track will appear on our special edition early next year, so rest of the world... don't worry.

Preperation for our South American tour has now begun and we are working on the set list in rehearsals, which is leaning more towards older tracks for the fans down their. Nymphetamine will be released while we are actually in Columbia (on the 28th September), so plenty of reason for us to celebrate! As for touring plans in the rest of the world... bands tipped to be playing with us range from MUDVAYNE, LACUNA COIL, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD in the USA and TYPE O NEGATIVE in Europe before Christmas. All this can change so please don't quote me on it. I'd just rather people hear it from the band instead of unreliable sources."

The band also shot their new video yesterday, also comments Dave:

"The video shoot for 'Nymphetamine' went great. Had a very early start at 7am, obviously with a hangover, and spent 14 hours holed up in a damp underground vault near the London Dungeon. Pretty grim stuff. The director, Dani Jacobs, and his crew were brilliant and worked flat out all day filming lots of different scenes with Dani, the band, Liv Kristine and our 2 very beautiful actresses. I can't wait to see the finished version. Hope they get to include what will be the first windmill headbanging in a metal ballad, haha!!! Liv was amazing and I wanna thank her for being so cool."

.....wow....

[/font]

*shrugs*

I can't see how it could be worse than the 4792837423 bands out there that made covers to Bathory... oh wait, I misinterpreted: ITS A BATHORY TRIBUTE!!! BATHORY TRIBUTES ARE THE ULTIMATE TRENDY THING TO DO LATELY!!! IT WILL SUXXXXOR FOR SURE!

that was sarcasm, in case some of you missed it.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
if they fucked the cover up, i will be PISSED
but thats what CoF does to covers, totally fuck em up and make them their own. thats why their covers are actually good, they change the song a bit instead of playing it exactly the same. why fucking bother with a tribute when everyone is going to keep the songs 'true'? fuck that, its boring.

neal said:
but thats what CoF does to covers, totally fuck em up and make them their own. thats why their covers are actually good, they change the song a bit instead of playing it exactly the same. why fucking bother with a tribute when everyone is going to keep the songs 'true'? fuck that, its boring.

wow, when I read Will's comment I was about to reply with the same thought and then read your post and frankly? I couldnt have said it better!

What is it with you and Cradle Of Filth?

IOfTheStorm said:
Should he write a whole essay explaining it? They are worse than a sick man's vomit (now thats a more sophisticated way to say "cradle sux")
Simply saying something "suxxxxxx" is damn lame. I respect your opinion, and hey, I can't stand CoB, but give me something to work with. I don't like Dimmu Borgir, because it is all atmosphere and no riffage, yes they have their moments, but I just do not get into them. That is more intelligent than saying, "Dummy Burger suxxx the pee pee." He is entitled to his opinion, everyone has misguided opinions(not t any specific opinion), like my opinion about moronic, teenage behavior.

And before someone calls me a moron, I can attest that this is occasionally true.