Freebie POD XT models + bass model pack

I got this yesterday night, since my foot controller's at my house (and I'm at my dorm) I can't really test the wahs or bender properly (i'm stuck tweaking the 'pedal position' knob around with the mouse in line6 edit, which means i can't really be playing anything at the same time), but the bender definitely sounded pretty good to me (besides it of course only being able to handle one note at a time properly). I didn't really test the new amps much besides to quick see what they sounded like...I doubt I'll get much use out of them really cause I have the metal pack. My friend has an xt-live and was very pleased with the different wahs and the bender, so I am sure they're good. I'm glad they finally got a bender, a whammy effect was about the only effect I could think of that wasn't included (well...besides a decent harmonizer).

I don't know if I will get the bass stuff, it's 99 bucks and I have a direct box already. Maybe I'll buy it and test it out and see if it's worth the money, I kind of doubt it will be though.

I can't wait to update my Live to check this stuff out. I already liked the wah model they had stock on the Live, I'm really excited to hear they are releasing some new ones to choose from. As far as the bass thing....it would be great if it were free, but I'm not about to pay $100 for something I'd probably never use...a D.I. box works just fine for every single session I've ever done. Maybe if I have a bill laying around some day I'll plop it down for the bass pack, but until then...meh.

~006

I can't wait to try the bass driver stomp with our bassist. I'm digging the Orange amp emulation, it's perfect for some vintagey stuff I've been working on...

egan. said:
By that logic I guess you can return your TS too.:D

Ha good point.

But I'm not really big on bass, so I can do without the SA... It'll be nice to have a guitar/bass setup in one little package...

Wolfeman said:
... It'll be nice to have a guitar/bass setup in one little package...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.
For bass, figure an A/B-Y box ...send one signal through a DI box, the other through the XT bass model, blend to taste.

Probably can get a very useful composite bass sound going with that.

ToxicNothing said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.
For bass, figure an A/B-Y box ...send one signal through a DI box, the other through the XT bass model, blend to taste.

Probably can get a very useful composite bass sound going with that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can set up the real bass pod like that, but just adding the model pack doesn't change the outputs on the guitar Pod to match.... So it would have to be done how you listed it...... Sounds like a good plan:headbang:

TheStoryteller said:
Yeah but not on different outputs... they are blended on both outputs. So if I (in the mix) want to LPF the DI and HPF the amp signal, I'm fxxked. At least that's how I understood it. :loco:

You are correct.....

Ok, this is in the very possibility of being a dumb question, but...

Do I have to do a backup of all my personal patches before upgrading from PodXT 2 to PodXT 3.0? Does the procedure initialize the PodXt as if it is new?

Let me know!!!
:zombie:

Fabbio said:
Ok, this is in the very possibility of being a dumb question, but...

Do I have to do a backup of all my personal patches before upgrading from PodXT 2 to PodXT 3.0? Does the procedure initialize the PodXt as if it is new?

Let me know!!!
:zombie:

I THINK there's an option somewhere during the update that asks you if you want to replace your old patches (at least, there was one from 1 -> 2), but it doesn't make you.