Freedom Call London Nov 18th - a brief account

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Had a cracking time in London last Friday........great show from all 3 bands.

However the highlight for me was spending 24 hours in the company of the one and only Steve "Kiwi" Scott. First time I had seen him for pretty much 4 years....and it was like it was only 4 weeks!

Also had the pleasure of hanging out with Alessio, Andrea, Orlando, Scott Michaels, Manuela, Monica, Sam, Herman, Nikki, Andi, Matt and Jo (Dean Guitars) and many more. Met some PQ fans who I had never met before as well which is always a pleasure. Big shout to "Aussie" Steve and the guys who drove up from Newquay to see the show as well.

Aw man you guys had such a good time and now it's beginning to sting missing out on such a cracking time. Some total legends all in that room for that night, I'm surprised the roof didn't explode with all that shockingly handsome talent bubbling up under it :D Hope Kiwi Steve is well

Sounds like you all had a great night. Just out of curiosity, do the London power metal shows usuall have a higher turnout than the shows elsewhere in the UK?

Sam and Herman, no kidding! Didn't know they were Freedom Call fans! Glad you had a great time Steve :kickass:

It was a pleasure to see you again...let's not leave it too long until next time! If you ever need crash space up here, let me know. I didn't realise you planned to make a night of it, otherwise I'd have offered!

Sam and Herman, no kidding! Didn't know they were Freedom Call fans! Glad you had a great time Steve :kickass:

haha I remember hanging out a bit with Herman and Sam at Wacken 2000, and all Sam was interested in for the entire weekend was Freedom Call lol. He didn't care about any other bands (well, maybe Strato a bit). The three of us were some of the only few pm heads who got up early enough on the Saturday to see FC and Labyrinth, back then these bands had quite early slots!

Really! I had no idea Sam used to be (or still is) that big a Freedom Call fan - or a fan of them at all, really! Interesting...