Freeware SimulAnalog Guitar suite sound clip

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
I downloaded SimulAnalog Guitar suite a couple days ago and for freeware it is fantastic. Click the link for a quick audio sample I did (its an Arch Enemy riff). The patches are in there too. Four guitar tracks panned L and R with effects in this order:

Tube Screamer
JCM900
Curve EQ
Waves Axx mono VST (adjust threshold so max gain reduction is around 3 or 4 dbs.

There's a Waves VST C4 on the master chain.

I ran my guitar into my PODxt and sent a dry uneffected guitar signal into Cubase SX.

How does it sound?

http://www.savefile.com/files/3028965

or

http://www.upload2.net/page/download/BFNePyJL03L6xu5/JCM900.rar.html

I just tried it and it seems to work fine. Click the link at the bottom of the upload2net screen.

can you get this for mac???

also explain :

4 tracks

is that two left , two right??

and all those effects on each track?

Sounds very good to me, though I miss a bit of the 'soaring' mid's the PodXT and the Higain amps can deliver. Maybe that can be fixed with some 'smart' (compressed) exiting or stuff. But this is the best non-hardware ampsim I've heard, thanks for the settings!

Anyone using this have any problems? I've tried most of the plug-ins they have, and I have the same problem with all of them:

I have a mono guitar track, I put plug-in on it, and suddenly the output is stereo, with the affected signal on the left and a clean signal on the right. As I play with the settings, it affects the panning of the two outputs too. If I change the actual Sonar track to mono output, alhtough it does make it mono it quite obviously has the clean signal on top of it.

Any ideas?

Steve

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
Anyone using this have any problems? I've tried most of the plug-ins they have, and I have the same problem with all of them:

I have a mono guitar track, I put plug-in on it, and suddenly the output is stereo, with the affected signal on the left and a clean signal on the right. As I play with the settings, it affects the panning of the two outputs too. If I change the actual Sonar track to mono output, alhtough it does make it mono it quite obviously has the clean signal on top of it.

Any ideas?

Steve

Pan the channel so the clean sound is gone, then route that to mono group channel so its in both speakers again.