Friday vs. Saturday: The Poll

Friday or Saturday?

• Total voters
Friday: I've never seen alive any band, I'm Angra die hard fan, i like conception, Orphaned Land, and Manticora

Saturday: I like Strato & Therion, but I've seen them before, twice, i don't like PC69, i've never listened Stride..

Conclusion: i prefer friday :)

Firday by a long shot, how can you miss with MANTICORA, CIRCUS MAXIMUS, ORPHANED LAND, AND CONCEPTION. The only thing i would change, send Angra to Sat. night, move everyone else up one slot making CONCEPTION the headliner, and move STRIDE to Sat.

I have chosen Friday night, but let me make myself real clear. PC69 AND SYMPHORCE COULD MOVE TO FRIDAY NIGHT, AND I COULD LEAVE THE FESTIVAL VERY HAPPY! Conception, Angra, and Circus Maximus outweigh PC69 and Symphorce for me, but not by very much. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE PINK CREAM AND SYMPHORCE, SO NO DISRESPECT TO THEM!

Saturday, by a long shot...and for obvious reasons (see signature below).

Stride: Will surprise a lot of people...the three demo songs with vocals are killer and haven't left my cd changer for months.
Symphorce: After Andy's performance last year, even a fraction of that enthusiasm will slay this year.
Pink Cream 69: I think will be another surprise to a lot of people, and a good change of pace for the show. Simply good crowd-pumping, catchy kinda stuff.
Therion: I'm just curious about their live show...only have three of their cd's, but the darker stuff will be another balancing influence on the night.
Stratovarius: Come on, who isn't curious about what might happen here?! Either a killer show or a total meltdown given all the recent history. My bets are still on a great show, however.

I'm not slagging Friday by any means, but I just don't see the range of originality like there is for Saturday. Of course, your mileage may vary...

:Smokin:

You know, earlier in the year, I was pissing and moaning about most of the bands that were being lined up at the time. Now that I've answered the above poll, went back to stare at the lineup again, I've come to realize that this is going to be a killer show! There's three bands on here that I don't consider myself a fan of, but I should still enjoy their sets regardless! Heck, maybe I'll walk away from their sets being a new fan! I wasn't real familiar with Tad Morose and Brainstorm last year, but now I can't get enough of them! It's going to be a great festival! \nn/

edgeofthorns said:
You know, earlier in the year, I was pissing and moaning about most of the bands that were being lined up at the time. Now that I've answered the above poll, went back to stare at the lineup again, I've come to realize that this is going to be a killer show! /

These are the kind of posts that I love to read.

Glenn H.

Rakosh said:
Saturday, by a long shot...and for obvious reasons (see signature below).

Stride: Will surprise a lot of people...the three demo songs with vocals are killer and haven't left my cd changer for months.
Symphorce: After Andy's performance last year, even a fraction of that enthusiasm will slay this year.
Pink Cream 69: I think will be another surprise to a lot of people, and a good change of pace for the show. Simply good crowd-pumping, catchy kinda stuff.
Therion: I'm just curious about their live show...only have three of their cd's, but the darker stuff will be another balancing influence on the night.
Stratovarius: Come on, who isn't curious about what might happen here?! Either a killer show or a total meltdown given all the recent history. My bets are still on a great show, however.

I'm not slagging Friday by any means, but I just don't see the range of originality like there is for Saturday. Of course, your mileage may vary...

:Smokin:

PINK CREAM 69 WILL KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're right, they will be great crowd pumping and fist pumping hard rock! :headbang:

Friday for me without question. There isn't one band playing on Friday that I would personally conider a "cd buying time" band. In addition, my top 3 bands prior to the festival (Orphaned Land, Manticora and Angra) are all playing Friday night.

On Saturday the two bands I definitely don't want to miss are Pink Cream 69 and Stratovarius, but other than those two, any other time is a good social time for me (though I will give every band a shot before deciding whether or not I want to miss their set as I could easily be won over like I was last year with Tad Morose). :)

Jason

Friday, by a long shot.

I've been dying to see Stratovarius since 1997 or so, but f I were to miss Saturday, I could still see them on tour... I'm not interested in PC69 or Therion (although I'll probably catch some of their material; you never know when a band is going to surprise you)... I've never heard Stride... that just leaves Symphorce that I'd be significantly missing out on. I couldn't live with myself if I missed Conception, Orphaned Land, or Manticora... I'm interested to see how Circus Backward-'S' Maximus performs live, and I missed Angra's set last time they were at ProgPower.

Gotta go with Friday for the once in a lifetime thing with Orphaned Land and Angra kicked so much ass at PPIII that I definitely want to see them again - especially for the Temple of Shadows material.

dude, I am tore into between both of them. I bet I am one of the only people that is really pumped up to see every band play. Each performance is going to break my fucking neck!!! WHIPLASH!!!