Friday vs. Saturday

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Right now, Friday is totally crushing Saturday. :kickass:

With that said, of all the bands in the festival, Stratovarius really should close out. Even if you don't know them, their music is pretty instant and catchy. They should work the crowd pretty well.

Glenn - out of curiosity, how did you decide the roster schedule this time round?

friday, definitely !!!

saturday is very good too, but i'm not a die hard fan of Strato, Therion is one of my favourite bands, but i've seen both alive before (therion twice)

Friday is amazing!! Angra also is one of my favourite bands... Orphaned Land it's a great band.. Conception.. historic reunion.... and I've never seen this 3 bands alive! :hotjump:

Friday for sure, Conception alone makes Fri. the night. I am really axious to hear the C-Max album when it comes out and looking forward to their set. The only band on Sat. that I'm really into is PC 69.

Friday for me as well.

I'm excited to see Manticora, and Orphaned Land should be a treat. Conception is the band that makes the whole festival for me, so I'm more excited to see them than any of the other bands.

Yeah, i gotta say Friday as well... I mean, it's hard to compete when you have Conception... With Angra and Orphaned Land on the bill as well, it doesn;t get much better than that :)

For me Id say both nights are evenly balanced. Fri for me is the nutfest of Manticora and Angra and Sat is the almighty and godly PINK CREAM 69 and Strat. Cant wait to see Conception either after all the hype, and here I thought they were a relative unknown Prog band.

Ben

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Circus Maximus... well maybe not that surprised. Not many have heard their stuff, but what I have heard... :OMG:

Friday night will definitely be the night to remember. What a great first progpower this will be. :worship:

Friday for sure with the exception of Manticora, but once they are done, my god is it going to be sick. Conception and then Angra!!! Doesn't get much better than that...

I think it's a great line up second only to PP III, and it'll be a great weekend. Only Glenn will be happy with every band playing, and the rest of us can only hope to like most of them. Here's my breakdown:
Friday
I had some reservations about Friday, especially after the news that the secret band fell through. I mean, for a band to headline over Stratovarius... well.
I expect Manticora to tear the place up. Great start for the festival!
Circus Maximus doesn't do much for me.
Orphaned Land is shakey. If they concentrate on Mabool material... yay! If it's a lot of their death back catalog... blah.
Conception is a wildcard since I'm not familiar with a lot of their material. I did manage to snag 2 of ther CD's for under $20 ea, so I'll be ready for them.
Angra is a great finisher for the night.
Summary 1: Yeah! 2: Nah. 3: Maybe. 4: Okay. 5: Yeah.

Saturday
I've been pumped since the entire Saturday lineup was anounced:
Stride will do for an opener.
Symphorce will rock!
Pink Cream 69 is a strange choice, but 80's metal has a lot of energy live.
Therion is the band flying under everyone's radar for some reason. Great catch Glenn!
Stratovarius like them or not, and I do, is one of the biggest bands in Power Metal.
Summary: 1: Okay. 2: Yeah! 3: Cool. 4: Yeah! 5: Yeah!

So, while the final announcements save Friday night, it's Saturday that has me really excited.