Friends That Change

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
Ive got this mate who I use to be in a band with a few years back. They liked some metal like Slayer, Pantera, Metallica etc but I was speaking to him today and he has sold all his Slayer cds and old Metallica cds! He only listens to new Metallica black - i disappear era (aka the crap zone). Now he listens to Sevendust, Foo Fighters, Staind, Creed, Nickelback, Silverchair, Saliva etc.

Its sort of sad how people change (for the worse).

I had a uni mate who was into the thrash/speed side of things. Last time I saw him (a few years ago now) he was listening to Electronica and Doof-doof exclusively.

I'm not saying he changed for the worse, that's not my call to make, I'm just saying it's a pretty radical departure from his old listening habits.

This bloke I know used to listen to rap and dance records, even taught himself to breakdance, then started listening to metal. So it works both ways. :)

Yeah i know what you mean Phloggy

Now that we don't like the same music we have pretty much nothing in common anymore. Music is my life!

Here's a song about friendship by Tenacious D.

"Friendship"

Friendship is rare,
Do you know what I'm sayin' to you?
Friendship is rare.
My derriere,
When you find out much later
That they don't really care.
It's rare to me, can't you see?

Oh shit there's a bear,
Could you hand me that shotgun buddy,
Also that chair?
We're fighting a bear
Now your life's in grave danger
And you don't even care.
It's rare to me,
Say a prayer for me,
'Cause it's rare to be
In Tenacious D.

Friends will be friends
They're running naked in the sand,
Friends holding hands
Will someday surely form a band,
Friends will be friends
They say that friends are friends
To the bitter end.
Long-as-there's-a-record-deal-we'll-always-be-friends!

Friends will be friends
They're running naked in the sand,
Friends holding hands
Will someday surely form a band,
Friends will be friends
They say that friends are friends
To the bitter end.
Long as there's a record deal we'll always be friends, yeah

I knew a girl who loved Kiss, Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Poison, Iron Maiden, etc etc etc. Then she decided that going to raves and listening to techno was more fun...

What the fuck's with raves? Dance music is a fucking plague in England, where it's even worse. Seems like nobody listens to anything else. Fucking E. If you can't listen to music without taking drugs, then it's shit!

I used to know a guy who played bass in one of the biggest local bands in my town, and was right into all sorts of metal, 80s thrash through to some nu-metal stuff. He even went to the Slayer/Machine Head gig a couple of years back. All of a sudden he was with this chick and they just turned into real do-gooders, and kept to them selves. He ended up quiting the band, pawning all his cds, going to church everyweekend, buying a new wardrobe etc. Very weird indeed.

Did somebody mention Millennium? !
headbob.gif

'Tis a crime that they haven't released complete seasons of that on DVD yet, a crime I tell you!

People's musical tastes evolve over the years, but the majority of metalheads (excluding the types that Phloggy and Troops talked about) stay tr00 to their musical origins while exploring different stuff as well. I've done that quite a bit over the last ten years. There's no reason why you can't like steak and cheesecake. Just not on the same plate /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif.

W