New music to check out and bands that suck in my opinion

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I'll probably go today and try to get the New Dream Theater (Six Degrees...) Remastered Megadeth (Killing is My Business), Best Of Bruce Dickinson Solo, and look for some Martyr. But, I need some suggestions. I've heard some Iced Earth (Melancholy, Ripper Priest Cover, and some of Horror Show) and wasn't too impressed. What is the best Iced Earth to check out along with the best Opeth?(I've heard the My Hearse, Your Arms and thought it was alright). Any other suggestions about new music to check out are welcomed. I think everyone knows my favorites range from NEVERMORE,BLACK SABBATH, DEATH, TESTAMENT, OLD MEGADETH AND METALLICA, SLAYER, DEICIDE, TOOL/A PERFECT CIRCLE, QUEENSRYCHE, LETHAL, ANTHRAX, IRON MAIDEN, AND JUDAS PRIEST.

On a different note, why are the groups I am about to mention so big and popular. I think the following groups suck and I tell you why.
*NICKELBACK-I think this is boring rehashed rock and they are jumping on the Creed bandwagon. I usually like things from Canada, but not this band. I've heard this C.D. at work and if I hear it again, I'm probably going to break the damn thing. Some of the guys I work with think its great, I say it sucks.
*Puddle Of Mud-I don't see what's so big about this band except decent videos. Again, same old rehashed rock along the same lines as Nickelback, Creed, Collective Soul, etc... Also, I think the fact they're associated with Fred Durst makes me dislike them (However I do like some heavier Staind.
*The Strokes-What in the hell is this and are they from England. Twangy ass guitar and monotone singer who acts, or tries to act like, the great Jim Morrison. I've heard 3-4 songs buy them and they all sound the same. Utter shit.
In closing, if you like these bands, no offense, I just think they SUCK.

DREAM THREATRE SUXS, SO DO I.E, AND ADDOPETH...

don't believe me try WINMX, just genric bands

BAND U WANTS ARE;

=========================

RAISE HELL
AMPHORISIS
SPACE HOG
NEUROSIS
SHADOW GALLERY - NEVERMORE band put me onto these guys
PRIMAL FEAR
LEMUR VOICE
CROMA KEY- love this band
DUBWAR
LAKE OF TEARS
CANDLEMASS
RAMMSTEIN

============================

Some album recommendations:

Immortal - At the heart of Winter (fast and melodic black metal, a true masterpiece)
Dissection - Storm of the light's bane (A true masterpiece, you have to hear it)
At the gates - Slaughter of the soul (See above)
Kreator - Violent revolution (Perhaps the best mix of thrash and melody ever)

My recommendation for an Iced Earth album would be "Night of the stormrider", for Opeth "Still life".

The new Dream Theater rules,but you shouldn't get it if you don't have Images and Words and Awake.
I don't like Opeth.
Iced Earth,Burnt Offerrings is the album you're looking for.

If you like Testament and Nevermore, go buy Forbidden's first 3 CDs (Forbidden Evil, Twisted Into Form, and Distortion). They are all excellent Bay Area Thrash. Defiance is also worth checking out, but they are harder to come by. But, seriously, Forbidden are a must in any metal listener's collection.

Zanex for Iced Earth check out the Something wicked this way comes trilogy (the prophecy, Birth of the Wicked, The Comming Curse)I have Opeth Blackwater Park and it is really good. Some nice heavy shit but I really love the mellow stuff on there too.

True Light! RAMMSTEIN!?!?!?! Come on! The lyrics to their only hit song was. "You, you hate, you hate me" All they do is light themselves on fire at their concerts and shoot flames crossbow bolts and have fog machines built into thier fucking pants. If you need that much of a visual gimmick how good is your music really?

My Arms Your Hearse is teh worst Opeth cd, Get STILL LIFE, its grade A +, Blackwater Park is good too. When and If you get one or both of these cd's, give them several listens before you decide.

Iced Earth, Get Days Of Purgetory, or Alive in Athens, both are tie for their best stuff, the live cd is one of teh best live cd's ever(not as good as Deaths LA cd)

Pentagram. First Daze Here, the vintage collection. This is good stuff my man. Its from 1971 to 1976, unreleased tracks(12). A great sab influenced band.

If you get Some Opeth, and you like it, Get some Amorphis, theu are very good.

Witchery, Symphony For The Devil.....hhahahha, just get this cd, trust me, i know you will love it. Its 5 stars.

While you are looking for Martyr,,,,just make sure you dont get MARTYR AD.....not a good band at all. The blow real hard.

Check out Armageddon, it's one of Mike Ammot's(from Arch Enemy) bands. really damn good. probably hard to find, real hard, but amazing. check out the album Crossing the Rubicon and the song Godforsaken. thenew album by them Embrace the Mystery is good too, bt not as good as Crossing the Rubicon. also chck out Arch Enemy if you haven't, which i'm sure you have.
check out Quo Vadis and Into Eternity too.

i say check out Something Wicked This Way Comes(album) and The Coming Curse(song) by Iced Earth. As well as their live album Alive in Athens, which kicks much ass.
don't knwo much of Opeth, but Blackwater Park is fucking amazing. anything off of that is awesome, especially Bleak and The Drapery Falls. Demon of the Fall is good(actually fucking amazing) too, but thats not on Blackwater Park.

Have you checked out the swedish melodic death metal movement, I think you would love The Haunted, At the Gates, Soilwork, old in flames, since you love thrash, meshuggah if you want insane thrash, also If I were you I would buy the 2cd Alive in Athens by Iced earth, it is only like 16 bucks and contains all of their best songs, and they sound much better live. I also recommend adding Linkin Park and Disturbed to your list, ugh what simplistic crap.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have all of Forbidden's by the way, and I saw The Haunted open for Testament. Also, I've heard some of At The Gates and Immortal. Also had Amorphis' Tales Of 1,000 Lakes I believe was the name and saw them with Armored Saint. I had Kreators Coma Of Souls on tape. ledmag, you say Witchery, I'll Check them out. Trapped, I heard a few Martyr songs and I am highley impressed with them. I guess I'll try Opeth's Blackwater Park or Still Life and probably the Live In Athens from Iced Earth. Thanks Again.

Armageddon is the band of Christopher Amott, Mikes brother. Mike is not in it.

...Which one of them looks Aahmish(sp)? With the beard and stuff.... All he needs is the cool had, and the curly side-burns. :lol: