Other bands that don't suck.....

does the world really need another maiden album? get like their best 3 and you have all their songs covered. everything else is just a watered down version of another song they already wrote.
-neal

I think Arcturus should be on this list with other bands that don't suck. Arcturus released some of the most original (and at times strange) metal I have ever heard.

I have yet to hear anything, except maybe "Reflections of the I" by Winds, that catches my ear like "La Masquerade Infernale"

Indeed he is

It's a shame he left Arcturus...oh well...we still have Ulver

SoullessCorpse. said:
Truer words were never spoken, but it is at least the saving grace that prevents STWTWC from being used primarily as a coaster.
Best Iced Earth:
1. Days of Purgatory (double disc)
2. The Dark Saga
3. Burnt Offerings

This list comes pretty close to mine. I would switch number 2 and 3.
I hate "A question of Heaven". Another sentimental Shaffer song :Smug:

Hawk said:

Oh man...I really have near total disdain for all of their sentimental/peudo-ballad crap songs, but A Question of Heaven is by far some of the best emotionally convincing singing Barlow has ever done..almost as convincing as come of WD's stuff. Too bad all the rest of this type are bad acting, like William Shatner.
Also, the guitar tone on this disc is the best they have ever done.

Hawk said:

Oh man...I really have near total disdain for all of their sentimental/pseudo-ballad crap songs, but A Question of Heaven is by far some of the best emotionally convincing singing Barlow has ever done..almost as convincing as come of WD's stuff. Too bad all the rest of this type are bad acting, like William Shatner.
Also, the guitar tone on this disc is the best they have ever done.