bands you think suck

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
my other topic made me want to make this one. nothing original here...just name some bands everyone seems to rave about that you think suck...

queensryche - boring
necrophagist - boring
opeth - the most over rated band in the history of music, perhaps
anthrax - weakest thrash ever made
primordial - probably the worst vocals sung over metal, ever...
symphony x - do i need to say?
eyehategod - dont know if i evern consider these guys a proper band?
godflesh - i remember the tag on the album when i bought this said "heaviest album of *year*). It sucked pig cock and i sold it the day after i bought it (cant remember the album name)
soilwork - weakest melodeath ever made, yes, even the 1st albums. are these guys really anyone's FAVORITE band? how could they be?
megadeth - never understood the praise. theyre not even a metal band in my opinion...more like hard rock with a touch of speed...yes dave kicks ass on guitar, but his vocals ruin everything.

*The opinions expressed in this thread are that of Devy_Metal only and do not apply to Nevermore, Century Media or other members of this board.

I like necrophagist and megadeth :)

Arch Enemy do my nut in, as do dimmu borgir and a few other bland "black metal" bands. I don't enjoy metalcore so killswitch engage, godforbid, chimaira, trivium etc all can be added to my list.

yea i figured those metalcore bands were a given. do you like old arch enemy? i think the old stuff kicks ass.

whats up man? we're the only ones on here right now. what time is it in scotland?

Devy_Metal said:
primoRdial - probably the worst vocals sung over metal, ever...
godflesh - i remember the tag on the album when i bought this said "heaviest album of *year*). It sucked pig cock and i sold it the day after i bought it (cant remember the album name)

You're gay.

Devy_Metal said:
megadeth - never understood the praise. theyre not even a metal band in my opinion...more like hard rock with a touch of speed...yes dave kicks ass on guitar, but his vocals ruin everything.

*The opinions expressed in this thread are that of Devy_Metal only and do not apply to Nevermore, Century Media or other members of this board.

absolutly my opinion :|

*applause* on the *... :tickled:

Let's see:

Nightwish: pooftery pop-crap
All nu 'metal'
Dragonforce: gayyyyy
Opeth: masturbation disguised as music
Hard- and metalcore
Sepultura: I never liked the 'cramped' vocals
All trendy gothic rock crap, except Lacuna Coil if you consider them such, because they're rather good

1)trivium-amzingly overated,the licks and melodicness of the music is pretty sweet but the singer(whoever the fuck the pansy bastard is)dosent no whether he wants to sing or death growl and therefore we end up with sumthing annoyingly inbetween.
2)ne thing with keyboard except for OLD inflames!

oh boy, did you open a can of worms with this thread. :tickled:

There are alot of bands I don't like, some I just don't get.
I'm only going to mention a few, some aren't metal.

Grateful Dead= I don't get it, never have and never will.

Nirvanva, worst band of all time, I don't understand what anyone saw in this group. Could Kurt sing anymore out of key?

Dave Mathews band=His voice is beyond annoying, band is decent though.

I'll add more when the coffee kicks in and I can think. :wave:

you are a big In Flames fan,and you claim bands like Queensryche!,Anthrax!,Megadeth!,Necrophagist! suck?:tickled: obviously you don't have a clue what the word to suck means.

I hereby stamp that thread for my approval.

approved.JPG

DreamNeonBlack said:
Nirvanva, worst band of all time, I don't understand what anyone saw in this group. Could Kurt sing anymore out of key?

forgot nirvana...they really were just a horrible band. i dont care what they supposedly "did" for the music scene. their music sucked, plain and simple.

also tool is among the most over rated bands in the history of western civilization.

Devy_Metal said:
my other topic made me want to make this one. nothing original here...just name some bands everyone seems to rave about that you think suck...

queensryche - boring
necrophagist - boring
opeth - the most over rated band in the history of music, perhaps
anthrax - weakest thrash ever made
primordial - probably the worst vocals sung over metal, ever...
symphony x - do i need to say?
eyehategod - dont know if i evern consider these guys a proper band?
soilwork - weakest melodeath ever made, yes, even the 1st albums. are these guys really anyone's FAVORITE band? how could they be?

I would almost agree if you didn't mention Necrophagist...I would even understand if you complained about the vocals, but calling them boring doesn't sound convincing to me...

...and I have a fondness for Megadeth...

and calling some of them the weakest/the worst is not really true...luckily for you- there are probably some worse bands that you haven't even heard of...
though you have a point in this list..

blind_cynic said:
you are a big In Flames fan,and you claim bands like Queensryche!,Anthrax!,Megadeth!,Necrophagist! suck?:tickled: obviously you don't have a clue what the word to suck means.

im a big old in flames fan, yes, because they did it better than any of those other bands and imo sounded different. megadeth sounds nothing like in flames used to sound, nor do queensryche or anthrax. just because bands might have similiar elements doesnt mean theyre of the same brand. queensryche...not even metal? and necrophagist...well, they might be somewhat similiar to old in flames but that is a stretch as well.