Is it just me or is Jon Schaffer a retard?

Officer Nice

Masshole
Oct 7, 2002
Is it me or is Jon Schaffer a blatant retard? Tim Owens has an incredible
voice (really indicative on the live version of 'Diamonds and Rust')
but to honestly say that Owens is 10 times the singer Halford ever was,
considering what (I think) Halford did with Fight, and his solo material-
Resurrection, Live Insurrection, and Crucible (Considering Halford is a pack-
a-day smoker and is 50 years old)

My 2 cents,
OfficerNice

ICED EARTH Guitarist: 'TIM OWENS Is 10 Times The Singer ROB HALFORD Ever Was' - Dec. 18, 2003
Ex-JUDAS PRIEST singer Tim Owens has told the Cleveland Scene that
Since parting ways with PRIEST, Owens has become a full-time member of the Indiana-based power metal band ICED EARTH.

"I'm telling you, from a technical standpoint, there is not a better singer in heavy metal today," ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer said about his new bandmate. "I have had the pleasure of recording some of the best in the business. I've been producing records for over 10 years, and there was no doubt ever in my mind that he was 10 times the vocalist that Rob Halford was, even in his prime."

Yeah...I saw that on blabbermouth...I didn't bother reading the comments

but even I was shaking my head at that comment

Note, see NEVERMORE vs. Iced Earth thread. Ledmag and I have discussed in length, along with others, that even though Jon Schaffer is talented, he is still an ASSHOLE. In "my" (and others) opinion, Schaffer acts like Iced Earth is the greatest "metal band to exist". Iced Earth do/did have some talented musicians and songs, but not like Schaffe hypes the band. To me, Schaffer acts as though Iced Earth are the best band to come along in music since BLACK SABBATH, KISS, IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, AC/DC, LED ZEPPELIN, etc... On several Iced Earth releases I have noted very similiar lyrics and riffs to other bands such as those mentioned along with TESTAMENT, METALLICA, SAVATAGE, etc... As for "Ripper" Owens, he is a great singer but still has a lot to prove, including longevity like Halford, Dickinson, Geoff Tate, and the great WARREL DANE

Iced Earth are good...not great. Barlow kinda got on my nerves after a while, his voice at least. I prefer Ripper. The Reckoning is killer, though.

Well, Jon is enititled to his own opinion so if he feels that Ripper is better than Halford ever was, more power to him. Personally, I agree with him.

But to say Ripper is the best singer in metal today or whatever the fuck he said I think is really pushing it though. I can think of a ton of vocalists that I think are better than Ripper, like Warrel, Russel Allen of Symphony X, and Tim Aymar who did the Control Denied album, among others.

Yeah, Schaffer is pretty much out of his mind. Iced Earth is ok at best, I liked the first couple of CD's but the more music they release the less I like them.

They are not as ground breaking or godly as Schaffer thinks they are.
As for Owens he is an good singer in as far as he has a solid voice, BUT after all the music he has put out I still couldn't tell you what Tim Owens voice sounds like. He seems to be too busy trying to sound like other people and not sounding like himself. Concerning the comment about him being better than Halford, come on, Halford created the trend, Owens is just following.

Screw Schaffer, Screw Iced Earth. Fuck them, fuck them in thier stupid asses.
the Glorious Bruden is pure cheese!

:Spam:

some_dude said:
I can think of a ton of vocalists that I think are better than Ripper, like Warrel, Russel Allen of Symphony X, and Tim Aymar who did the Control Denied album, among others.

Hansi of Blind Guardian