From Blabbermouth.net...

Oct 11, 2001
Everasia
Italy's NOVEMBRE have inked a deal with Peaceville Records.

Commented the band in a statement: "Our journey through nothingness and slumber has come to an end. NOVEMBRE finally get signed to the legendary Peaceville Records. A label that, with the bands they produced and the albums released, has traced a deep and indissoluble mark in our songwriting spine. Definitely the label we should have always been signed to.

"'Materia' is our fifth and best album. No discussions about that. Furthermore, we never had the chance to get such a huge and professional sound before. We've been trapped in the pleasant Antarctic town of Helsinki, at Finnvox Studios, freezing our bones to death in order to release this magnum opus. We're sure some of that abysmal cold remained imprinted somewhere in the tracks."

"Materia" is tentatively scheduled for release on in November.

I got an email from Giuseppe today, and he said he didn't recorded it in finland. They just mixed it in finland :)

Materia is an excelent name...but dunno...I am willing to know what's it going to be like, is it going to be some concept album? Materia? What could make them choose that name?

Nostalgiaplatz said:
I got an email from Giuseppe today, and he said he didn't recorded it in finland. They just mixed it in finland :)

Materia is an excelent name...but dunno...I am willing to know what's it going to be like, is it going to be some concept album? Materia? What could make them choose that name?

When I listened to the album a couple of months ago the title was different! :Spin:

Nostalgiaplatz said:
I should sodomize you for that statement ahaha. Tell us what you think of the album, a non-biased way (if you can). Thanks :)

The production is the best one they have never had ... very clean and powerful! The music is a mix between "Arte Novecento" (70%) and "Novembrine Waltz" (30%). If I remember well, the songs are almost always sung with the clean voice. The second song of the tracklist could seriously become an hit... it's quite in the vein of "Homecoming"... I loved it! :worship:

Man, only 30% "Waltz"??? Heheh...still, this news greatly excites me! I'm totally looking forward to this album, especially since I'm such a geek when it comes to "sound."

Hey, the new title... I didn't know it... I just know the title of a song, but I think is pretty a joke, probably the right title isn't the one I've been told about.

@ Detric
... HEY, that one is Steve... danger-danger.... crocooodiiile
I've got a couple of shorts like his ones and a friend of mine, when she meets me, each time sings me the songs of his program :lol:

Great! Arte Novecento is my fave. Homecomming is one of my fave songs of all time, but I wish (need) some growling on their songs. I know how difficult are the transitions between clean voice (with notes and octaves stuff) to screaming but Novembre are about dynamics and expression of either mellow and aggressive moments. I hope they've got enough decent outtakes to release in a next album in less than 2 years, because I don't yet have this new album and I still think it will not fulfill the gap during the upcomming time...but hell, the gigs should do so! :)

I so beter be able to get that album the day it comes out. And it beter be raining! If its not im going to be upset! hmmm, November....thats almost summer for me. Still rainy-ish that time of year.

*happy*

Yesterday, while searching "Novembre" on blabbermouth, look what I found:

Also on the OPETH front, the group has posted the following recap of their recent European tour with KATATONIA and NOVEMBRE: “22 gigs across Europe was the schedule that OPETH with support from KATATONIA and NOVEMBRE had to undertake. The bands were extremely happy with the turnout and the support for this package. OPETH have stated that their favorite gigs for this tour was Milano/Italy and London/UK. Some shows didn't turn out the way the band expected as Mikael got ill and lost his voice.

“The Osnabruck/Germany show was a total disaster performing wise due to this, and the next day in Hamburg, OPETH did a instrumental set with guest vocals from the support bands. Blakkheim from KATATONIA sang 'Forest of October', Jonas from KATATONIA did his take on 'Credence', Carmelo from NOVEMBRE did a 'Advent' version while everybody rushed the stage for the finale with 'Demon Of The Fall' . The rest of the songs played that night were sung by...yes, the audience! Weird? Yes, but also a classic show in the history of OPETH.”

I would pay very well for a bootleg of this entire gig! I swear...(patrizia?)

Spectral Sorrow said:
The production is the best one they have never had ... very clean and powerful! The music is a mix between "Arte Novecento" (70%) and "Novembrine Waltz" (30%). If I remember well, the songs are almost always sung with the clean voice. The second song of the tracklist could seriously become an hit... it's quite in the vein of "Homecoming"... I loved it! :worship:

hey hey..are there some parts in italian? :D