Sign the petition!

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
To: Recording Label
We, as Novembre fans, find that the planned release date for Novembre's upcomming album entitled «Materia», signed by Peaceville Records, isn't a suitable date, since we're expecting a new / original album since as early as 2001 (when Novembrine Waltz, Novembre's 4th original album, came out.) As such, we created this petition in the hope that Peaceville Records A&R and whoelse empowered enough, will help us by pushing the date as close to October 2005 as possible! Thanks you!

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Sign it here, PLEASE!!
http://www.petitiononline.com/Novembre/petition.html

Let all your friends and enemies who like Novembre to sign it! It's easy and effortless...we will probably not gather enough fans, but if we don't try, we surely won't get anything (either way, let's not get skeptical at this point!) :)

I just don't believe in it, I think Peaceville want to release it as we want to hear it but maybe they have some problems like it happens to a lot of labels... I think releases are scheduled, it's not Peaceville fault if Novembre almost slept (or had their problems) since 2001 and I've never been so fanatic to do things like that, so I'll wait and buy other good albums in the meantime :)

But in realeasing the album earlier, won't that mean that parts of the production will be rushed? or is it totally completed and the companies just holding it back for no reason?

I'm sure they'll release it as soon as they can. It's not as if they're going to have it ready in boxes sitting around for a few months just to piss people off.

It's like a seafood dinner. You want to wait as long as possible so that when you have it, it'll taste better than you could have imagined.

The Minds Eye said:
But in realeasing the album earlier, won't that mean that parts of the production will be rushed? or is it totally completed and the companies just holding it back for no reason?

No, cuz the album has been recorded last year (or something).

And requiem, your analogy isn't really a good analogy. If the album sucks, whichever release date it's set to, it will suck regardless. Re-scheduling the album release date, isn't really gonna make it shine. Not that I am discrediting Materia or saying it'll sound bullshit, I am with great hopes about it...but it's taking just so long that I want it for yesterday!

I don't get your point, labels don't intentionally delay the release dates of albums just for fun. There must be a reason. If producing, creating the cds and shipping them worldwide takes 4 months, then it's gonna take 4 months, whether you like it or not.

Supermoi said:
I don't get your point, labels don't intentionally delay the release dates of albums just for fun. There must be a reason. If producing, creating the cds and shipping them worldwide takes 4 months, then it's gonna take 4 months, whether you like it or not.

I totally agree :)

Supermoi said:

If the delay is due to those circumstances, there is nothing I can do (either way, there isn't) but producing say...10,000 copies of an album (I am guessing there's not more than 10,000 Novembre fans who are going to actually buy this album - assuming this is the same thought going on Peaceville A&R's head) and 10,000 respective covers and whatever, doesn't really take that long! Although, I reckon there might be a reason for the delayed release that's beyond the control of Peaceville, but what if it there isn't one? Let's try it for the sake of it :)