Please sign this Anthrax petition

crazily enough...this petition WAS started here.

i am the guy who wrote the petition and put it online, im just a regular anthrax fan from the US of A.

i wanted to get some support so i hit up a few forums - basically this one and an iron maiden one....and put out a message on an anthrax facebook group (yeah, i know, facebook.)

for some mysterious reason maidennorway.com, which from what i understand is sort of a big deal, picked up on it from god knows where (my guess is the iron maiden forum, but who knows) and ran a story on it. i had never heard of the site and i wasnt contacted.

anyway from there, blabbermouth picked up on it. now i visited blabbermouth before, but again i wasnt informed by them or anything. a friend of mine who had signed the petition told me "dude, youre on blabbermouth!"

from there on, its been steadily increasing. its pretty weird.
i think its near 600 now....i fully intend to send this over to scott ian and paul di'anno in the future, unless they already know (i dont know if they check out blabbermouth like that...)

preferably when we have near 1000 signatures...

to the people saying it wont work..you know, i doubt it will, but who cares? we have nothing to lose right? i mean yeah, 30 seconds of your time. big fuckin deal man. as if you had something much better to do for 30 seconds. i mean seriously if you dont waste 30 seconds of your life ever for any reason, then by all means, dont sign. but come on, dont give me that shit as a reason not to sign...

stay metal.

p.s. im big on bush as it is, and i think joey kicks all sorts of ass.
you have to understand that people started suggesting random people to join anthrax after the second jey split, including, fuck, eric AK, billy milano, scott ian himself, blaze bayley, ripper owens, matt barlow...so on and so forth.
initially i said (only half jokingly) that chuck d should do all vocals. but then i thought, wait, paul di'anno! i mean the guy hasnt been gainfully emplyed that i know of since maiden fired him in the early 80s (im kiddinf of course, but still) and he has that punkish thing to the metal thing and he's a pretty awesome frontman / singer and anthrax is a metal band with a punkish kind of feel and they need an awesome frontman / singer, so you know, put the two together. i actually didnt imagine this idea getting a blabbermouth story. its pretty funny, if you ask me.

okay last thing and im out
is paul dianno banned from the US? hahah, shows how much i know.
damn, foiled my perfect plan. if thats the case, that certainly complicates things. eh, maybe a couple of shows only? and a live album? maybe only record a song or two? as a side project?

oh and now that i think about it, on that numbers from the beast iron maiden tribute CD....paul does sing "wrathchild" with frank bello on bass....hmm...

Just seen this.

Metal Ireland Forums said:
Looks like it aint gonna happen.

Di'Anno and Anthrax members comment on the Di'Anno to join Anthrax petition
Written by Frode Kilvik
Monday, 26 February 2007
Yesterday, MaidenNorway reported that fans of Anthrax wanted Paul Di'Anno as new singer for the band, Paul Di'Anno and Scott Ian has commented on the petition.

From BraveWords:

BW&BK has received the following responses from DiAnno regarding the petition: "Yeah, already heard about it for some time now, as it was originally requested by some Iron Maiden Scandinavian fans who thought it would be a cool idea. Really nice that people are thinking about me and I have always liked Anthrax, however I am very happy with the way my career is going right now and of course I cannot ever re-enter or tour in the USA anymore, so the Anthrax thing just ain't gonna happen. I wish Anthrax all the best though."
MaidenNorway asked manager Lea Heart yesterday about the rumours, he said in a text message that they had heard the rumours but it was not going to happen.

BW&BK has received the following responses from the band regarding the petition:

Scott Ian (guitar) : "Paul Di'Anno rules."
Charlie Benante (drums): "Paul is great but not or what we're doing."

Why not start a petition to get Dave Mustaine back in Metallica while you're at it? Or a petition to bring Bon Scott back from the dead to do a "reunion tour" with AC/DC? They're both just as likely scenarios, and the petition would mean just as much.

crazily enough...this petition WAS started here.

i am the guy who wrote the petition and put it online, im just a regular anthrax fan from the US of A.

First off, you have FOUR posts here! You're not from this board!!! You don't represent the majority of us in any way, shape, or form! Please, go to MetalSludge's gossip board and tell them that you DO NOT REPRESENT US!!! I'm not a member there, but I do occasionally read some of the posts there, and when I read that they are under the assumption that one of us came up with this stupid petition, I felt like throwing my computer away!
You make us look stupid. Please tell everyone else that you are not one of us.

Oh, and...have a nice day.:rolleyes:

Just seen this.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how bout a petition to get the original van halen line up back together

what do you think, roth and eddie one more time !

thats hilarious that i got billed as "scandinavian fans" in the plural sense.
no, really. its hilarious.

and i never claimed to "represent" you or whatever the hell. seriously dude, anyone can sign up, its not your secret no girls allowed club.

im gonna email paul and tell him it wasnt scandinavian fans...just to set the record straight. hahah.

thats hilarious that i got billed as "scandinavian fans" in the plural sense.
no, really. its hilarious.

and i never claimed to "represent" you or whatever the hell. seriously dude, anyone can sign up, its not your secret no girls allowed club.

im gonna email paul and tell him it wasnt scandinavian fans...just to set the record straight. hahah.
Either that, or you're just full of bullshit, stealing other peoples ideas and taking credit for it. :devil:

Basically, its to get Paul Di'Anno (ex-Iron Maiden) to sing for Anthrax. Sign it!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/anthdian/petition.html
Anthrax fans for Paul Di'Anno Petition

I cant believe this stupid shit made it as a a headline on blabbermouth. I wont sign your petition because the thought of Paul Dianno fronting Anthrax is absurd and besides Paul Di'Anno is busy with his solo career and has been for some time.

Come up with a worthy petition for us to sign or stop wasting our time.