From the rumor mill: IM headlining OzzFest 2004 (maybe)

VicRattlhd502

Droogie
Feb 24, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
I recently heard some heresy from a questionable source. Iron Maiden may be headlining OzzFest this summer (since Ozzy will likely not this time due to his recent injuries.) If this is really gonna happen maybe it should be called MaidenFest? :)

The only thing that would suck is having to sit through a bunch of crappy bands before IM takes the stage.

BigBronco4x4 said:
At first I thought Bruce might have a problem with this cos he dislikes nu-metal. Then I remembered he'd do anything for money.

I thought it was mosthly nu-metal bands? Besides.... aren't the american dates the last ones of the tour? :B

And i don't think Maiden are that threndy to "headline" ozzfest??

I don't see Maiden setting themselves up like that. You know as well as Maiden do that 3/4ths of the audience would leave before Maiden walked on since Maiden aren't NU-Metal cry baby punks.

I swear that most nu-metal lyrics were stolen from children of abuse diaries mixed with tupac.

I'd go if Maiden was headlining and they had the least-worst nu metal bands (i.e. S.O.A.D.). I'm sure the second stage would have something good like Dimmu Borgir or something. Didn't they have Voivod last time?

Meh, either way, it's not gonna happen.

could be interesting? Maybe the kids would finally realize what good music is? They wouldn`t know what to do at a Maiden gig though. Like when to sing, when to jump, hell, they wouldn`t know the lyrics either, but they would definantly like Maiden. Hopefully Maiden doesn`t do it this year. I don`t have the money already.