From The Start..........D.....................I Cant say it.

not the best album ever recorded but this one did have a few good songs...

Calm before the storm was poignant, Red alert was good song and a better song than radioactive chocolate (both about nuclear meltdowns but in different parts of the world and completely different music styles)...

I think the best one on this album was Jericho siren...

-Imp

Superb, tremendous, ground breaking, heavy, great production, a classic heavy metal album, Saxons best album, an album that led a generation.

These are words and phrases not normally used for the Destiny album! However, I have always liked this album. There are some great tracks on it - 'For Whom The Bell Tolls', 'Red Alert', 'Jericho Siren'. Three songs that would have been classic songs if they had have been on any other Saxon album. The poncey production really let this album down. It was songs like the ones on this album that Saxon should have been re-recorded for the 'Heavy Metal Thunder' album, rather than 'Princess Of The Night', 'Crusader' etc, which had already received fair production on their original albums.

Biff said that the Destiny album was written to be a lot more heavier. If you listen to the album, you can hear that the album could have been a lot more heavier. I can see why people don't like this album. But for me, the Destiny album is an underrated album.

Paxoman said:
Superb, tremendous, ground breaking, heavy, great production, a classic heavy metal album, Saxons best album, an album that led a generation.

These are words and phrases not normally used for the Destiny album! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta admit it rocked live,and back to the big venues for this tour.In fact id go as far as to say it was the last time saxon did a tour of big venues.

MDC - multi death corporation

http://www.mdc-rocks.com/mus3.asp

"Radioactive Chocolate

Hershey, PA three miles near
Empty assurance, nothing to fear
The nuke is down
Poisoned the ground
Hush it quick
The cows are sick
And there’s nothing like the face of a kid
Eating a radioactive chocolate bar
Forever and ever
Radioactive chocolate forever and ever

Poisonous fish, poisonous rivers
Cancerous kidneys, stomachs and livers
They don’t give a fuck
Just wanna make a buck

Buy American, buy Hershey
They’ll sell you death
With no mercy
They’re gonna gain their wealth
And risk your health
Radioactive chocolate forever and ever"

-Imp

Just One word for it................................................................................................................................................................................................................BOLLOCKS!!

It was badly produced, but the tour that went with the album was awesome and as Wilks states was the last time Saxon played a tour at the bigger venues.

Its in my collection but as its on vinyl it doesn't get an airing anymore.

Pax cracking idea about getting them re-recorded BIFF et all, please take note !

P.S. Personally I prefer Destiny to Rock the Nations

I quite like this album, has some great riffs on it, interesting lyrical ideas and song structures... much happier with this than Rock the Nations!

Ride like teh wind !!!

To be honest im suprised wilks didnt skip this album, he even managed to put the first letter 'D' in the thread title!! Pretty shocking lol

You see the for me is between 87 -89 i had gone from die hard metal head to just a music fan.Here is an idea of the stuff that changed me in those years.
N.M.A. Thunder and conselation,impurity.
Levellers Weapon called the word.
Dogs damour. Graveyard of empty bottles.
Slayer.Reighn in blood,South of hevan.
Stone roses. 1st
Happy Mondays.24 hour......
On top of that i got onto blues big time and 60s underground so you can imagine this album sounded super shit.Oh yeah and i got into just plain old low slung guitar rock n roll. Like:
G N R
Crazyhead
Faster pussycat
Rolling stones.
I could go on but i guess your are all bored now so i shall stop.

Impenitent said:
MDC - multi death corporation

http://www.mdc-rocks.com/mus3.asp

"Radioactive Chocolate

Hershey, PA three miles near
Empty assurance, nothing to fear
The nuke is down
Poisoned the ground
Hush it quick
The cows are sick
And there’s nothing like the face of a kid
Eating a radioactive chocolate bar
Forever and ever

Poisonous fish, poisonous rivers
Cancerous kidneys, stomachs and livers
They don’t give a fuck
Just wanna make a buck

Buy American, buy Hershey
They’ll sell you death
With no mercy
They’re gonna gain their wealth
And risk your health
Radioactive chocolate forever and ever"

-Imp
Hey imp they look like my kinda shit.It says on the link they were on the same label as THE CRASS so that makes pretty good without evan hearing them .Cheers mate i off to check them out now.Wilks.

WILKS said:
You see the for me is between 87 -89 i had gone from die hard metal head to just a music fan.Here is an idea of the stuff that changed me in those years.
N.M.A. Thunder and conselation,impurity.
Levellers Weapon called the word.
Dogs damour. Graveyard of empty bottles.
Slayer.Reighn in blood,South of hevan.
Stone roses. 1st
Happy Mondays.24 hour......
On top of that i got onto blues big time and 60s underground so you can imagine this album sounded super shit.Oh yeah and i got into just plain old low slung guitar rock n roll. Like:
G N R
Crazyhead
Faster pussycat
Rolling stones.

To be quite honest Wilks, i would rather listen to Destiny anyday than any of the bands / music you have just mentioned. . . :lol:

(ahum,ahum..)

Ride like the wind (8) Good cover. This songs saves the album from being it called by me ‘worse’
Where the lightening strikes (6)
I can’t wait anymore (5)
Calm Before the storm (6) Lyrically a good song. The feeling of loosing a dear father (tradition etc..) is good expressed in the song..
SOS (6,5) The beginning of the song is the best..
Song for Emma (6,5) I like the guitar part….

For whom the bell tolls (6,5)

We are strong (2) My grandmother who was eighty-years –old that time did like the tune… It did make me scratch behind my ears..but she liked it so I give it a 2 and not the ‘ 1 ‘ I first would give it…

Jericho Siren (6,0)

Red Alert (6,5)

Average (5,9)

The lyrics are briljant! But the music is too soft.. I remember Biff saying on MTV: Why heavy all the time? Evryone is heavy nowadays! That was a shite excuse i.m.o Saxon has to be heavy!!… the best thing from the album, was the- in my opinion- Dio – atmosphere on this album…the more melodic-kind I like that.. Biff said in that interview that he loves Dio-kind music.. I remember.. BUT !!! Here it comes: The synthesyser or keyboard sound ruins this album . The keyboard is so disfunctional …Very glad that it was on Lionheart functional. Glad that Saxon always shows progression! Fantastic ! Sorry for the low figure, but I understand that there are other fans that like the album a lot…I cant make more out of it for myself..again :just an opinion…my opinion..

even oliver has been quoted as saying the demos for this are way heavier than the finished product, diamonds and nuggets 2 anyone? and my thoughts on this? quite liked the very, very end of SOS, thats about it.

i quite like the album...... its an album you can listen to whilst driving down the m1 without fear of breaking the speed limit...... now unleash the beast on the m1 and its speeding ticket time