From The Start.........Somewhere In Time

It was the last vynil LP I bought from them..after that nothing more.. started again with the fear of the dark cd..Somewhere in time a few good songs on it...like the title track.. waysted years , stranger in astrange land..I dislike deja vu and the loneliness otldr.. but some songs are too long like alexander the great.. a score? : 6,8

Good album, and a fantastic album cover.
I love tracks like 'caught somewhere in time' 'wasted years' 'heaven can wait' 'the loneliness of the long distance runner' and 'deja-vu'.
I think this was the last really good Maiden album.

Whit!!!!!! Did you not listen to Seventh Son then? S/Time good songs again, Waysted years!! Title track, Stranger.... great cover, Saw them in Edinburgh on this tour as the mighty Glasgow Apollo was no more by this time, good gig.

7.5/10

The last Classic Maiden album, for me and still got a big soft spot for it. In fact the last one I really loved up until A Matter of Life and Death.

A bit different for Maiden without being too different. Wasted Years is still one of my fav ever songs by them. Very commercial but with a fantastic hook and chorus.

Great album. One of my fave Maiden albums actually. Loved the tour aswell. I pretty much followed most of the UK dates...saw 17 gigs that tour ;-)
As others said, i think they peaked with SSOASS.

If I remember correctly the stranger in a strange land video was recorded at Sheffield City Hall.

Correct & Bruce was sick as a dog on the 2nd night in Sheff.

I'm hoping they'll did out that footage & use it in the next "era" dvd release. There was very little pro shot stuff recorded during that tour.

At least, here in Spain, in the last years albums like "Somewhere in time" and "seventh son..." are fan favourites more than "Killers" or even "Piece of mind".

In my opinion, "Somewhere in time" is rated similar to "Powerslave" but with a couple of differences:
1) Amazing songs ("Wasted years", ""Alexander the great"...) aren´t as amazing "Powerslave" ones ("Rime...", "Powerslave",...)

2) Average songs ("The loneliness...", "Caught..." are better than average songs from "Powerslave" ("The duellist", "Losfer words"...)

My rating: 7/10. I consider "Seventh son..." is far better.