From the start.................Iron Maiden

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
Well it was about level pegging between Maiden and Priest so i opted for the Maiden.Mainly because i think most of us own most if not all the Maiden albums.I like to givea couple of weeks between threads because it gives us all a chance to listen to them again.
So it's 26 years since this masterpeice came out and to my mind it's the best.From Prowler to Iron Maiden it's pretty much faultless.I love the punk feel to it as well.As for the singles that went with the album,Burning ambition and i've got the fire are just fucking awesome.Most bands at the time could just stuck another album track on the b side(yes Saxon i mean you) so it was'nt worth buying,but with Maiden you got value for money.

Wilks,i actually got the original Soundhouse Tapes single,it was really weird at the time i had a music centre ooo i hear you shout,and for some reason i copied the single onto a tape,put it in a plastic wallet and never played it again....i really like the Maiden era with Dianno,managed to see both the Maiden and Killers tour,having said that at first i wasn't into Dickinson in them as i liked Samson,but listening to the Beast CD it is a great LP (or cd),and talking of LP's who remwembers the Axe Attacks....and why no Saxon on there.......

The first Iron Maiden album is great. It is funny, because lots of people say that Killers is a better album, but for me, Iron Maiden is way better. There isn't really a bad track on the album.

Lionheart747 - Yeah I remember the Axe Attack albums. I still have the first one, but never bought the second one.

I'm partial to KILLERS as it was the first Maiden record I bought and got into and the cover is imo, the best of them all:kickass: I really like the first Maiden record as well and as far as I'm concerned, they both are Metal classics! \m/

I think those albums were excellent.I've tried to follow Dianno's career,nothing consistant from him,always different bands.I bet he's very difficult to work with,which is probably why he and Maiden parted ways.I saw Dianno on tour when he was with Battlezone,good album and live show,but I remember he was quite annoyed when chants of old Maiden songs came.

Reactions: Mad Dan McCafferty
The first album is top drawer, the songs, the sound, and as no one has mentioned it the cover!!!!I mean bringing that home when I was a young man and my mum looking at it in disbelief thinking I had lost it!!! great. The punkiness of the sound and rawness is something I thought would come back when Blaze joined.....Alas.......

Average to Good until D'ianno left. Since then .... (Shruggs shoulders as if I couldn't give a shit)

:lol::lol::lol:

I think id built this album up in my mind to be more legendary than it was by not actually listening to it very often. The good thing is that this album seems to improve with time, to me it is easily among Maidens best work, if not the best as far as my favourites go. I have a lot of respect for this album and the songs. And the album cover is brilliant, brings back the memories just thinking about it! Very striking image for a rebelious young man back in the day!!

I'm not much into Maiden. Propably too progressive for me (and when Bruce came in, too boring).But I kind a like the first album. I just somehow can't find enough time to really listen to that kind of music, you know(?). But when I do find enough 'time' (that's bloody rare) to listen to it, I like it. :headbang:

Ah, bad choise btw. Priest would have been better choise, hehe. :kickass: