FS: Kinda old but powerful HP tower (with M-Audio soundcard)

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Hey guys, kinda random I know, but my Dad has decided to say fuck it and go for a Mac, which I'm actually pretty excited about to because it'll be the first anyone in our family has had, so now he has his still very capable HP comp lying around, and I thought maybe one of you foo's would be interested!

So I grant you, it's a little outdated - AMD single-core Athlon running at 2.2 Ghz, but 3 gigs of RAM, and a shitload of USB ports (3 of which are on the front, and there are front and back firewire ports as well, though using whatever chipset is on the MoBo of course) Also has readers for all storage cards except the Memory Stick 2's (the newer ones used in PSP's and the like)

AND, it has an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI sound card installed that works perfectly, has solid drivers, and can get latency down to 128 samples (probably lower) with no problems. Besides that:

- 2 DVD's drives, a burner and a reader (not sure on the operational status of the Reader though to be perfectly honest).
- 160 gig Seagate 7200 RPM HDD
- On-board MoBo graphics, whoop de doo

So yeah, it's still plenty powerful enough for any basic DAW work; hell, even more than basic, this thing still screams! So I'm really not sure what a fair price would be, but let's start it off at $220 shipped and see how that looks (price feedback welcome :D)

Oh yeah, and I'm a retard for forgetting, but it'll come freshly reformatted with a new, unregistered copy of Windows XP Professional