FS: MOTU Traveler and MOTU 828 MkII

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
UPDATE 12/31/07 - I've sold the MOTU Traveler, still selling the 828 MkII (check my eBay auction!)

A killer Firewire Audio/Midi interface, $500, preferably in the USA, although I can ship internationally too.

I have a used MOTU 828 Mk II in good condition (sat in an enclosed rack indoors in a smoke-free environment since I bought it new.)

Selling these as I am switching to the Dark Side of the force (Pro Tools.) Muhahahahhaaaa!! :devil:

Let me know if you have any questions!

M-Audio Project Mix I/O with Pro Tools M-Powered. If you're considering a Digi 003 at any point, consider this setup instead, way more for the money.

Back to the topic at hand though, I'm sad to part ways with my MOTU gear, it's served me extremely well and never given me any problems, but I'm glad to get into a new rig that works equally well with Pro Tools and Digital Performer, as I have some sessions to migrate, etc.

Will you not need one of those units to ADAT w/ the Mix?

Not sure I fully understand your question, but if I was to use ADAT I/O with the Project Mix I'd prefer to do it with a more single-minded 8 input rack mic preamp unit (like a Crane Song Spider - I wish!) The MOTU units are designed to be versatile and have a little of everything you might need, far more useful over FireWire.

Yeah, sorry - I was a little vague.
I meant would you not need one to hook up via ADAT just now, or keep it for future ADAT possibilities.

But, i think everyone would agree that a spider would be most awesome!

The Project Mix already has more inputs than I presently need, and with the ADAT I/O there's a lot of expandability. More realistically price-wise, if I needed more ins, I would get a PreSonus DigiMax LT and take it over ADAT to the Project Mix. That would give me enough ins (16 XLRs total) to do a very full production with a big drum kit and tons of mics. It's not likely to be something I'd need to do soon, and the MOTU units would not be nearly as helpful in that scenario.

That's cool dude.. I got no experience with MOTU stuff.
I use a 002R + Octopre'd ADAT :)

That's cool dude.. I got no experience with MOTU stuff.
I use a 002R + Octopre'd ADAT :)

Great setup! Here's the info on the MOTU stuff I'm selling, if anyone's wondering:

As you can see, these both have more in common with the 002R than not. Great interfaces, well rounded for a variety of applications, but not as straightforward as something like the Octopre for doing an ADAT implementation.

Awesome,.. Thanks dude.
Was looking for another interface (fire wire) to go with Logic,..

i'm interested in this moto 828mkII we use it at college and it is a banging interface:) how much would you charge to ship to uk?

Sorry man, already sold all this stuff on eBay now. Happy shopping! :cool:

I am selling my ~6 month old 828mkII for $500 as well since I really need the cash. :erk: I'll be picking up an Edirol UA-25 for the meantime.

If you are interested, PM me.