FS: RME FireFace 800 ($800), Headphone Amp, TC Level Pilot, Roland Triggers, etc.

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
If anyone wants pics I can take them pretty easily, just let me know. Here's what we've got. All prices = shipped CONUS.

RME FireFace 800 - $750

This has been the hub of my setup for the last 4 years and has never failed me - it's an insanely good interface, I just have had my wants/needs in recording change as of late and have downsized to a Duet 2.

Now, as for why I'm selling it for $250-300 below market value: First of all, it works perfectly. I've used it in the condition it's in for the entire time I've had it and it's functionality isn't going to change anytime soon. Despite being an FW800 unit, the FF800 only runs at FW400 speeds unless you daisy-chain it with a second FF800. That is to say even when you run it with a FW800 cable, it's running as if it were on a FW400 bus and only utilizes the extra bandwidth in the case of daisy-chaining. This is relevant because my unit's FW800 ports are non-functional, and one is missing entirely as it was broken off during a hasty setup (relatively weak PCB mount). The FW400 port is intact, strong as ever, and still works; this is what I run the unit off of. FW400-800 cable (which I will include two of) connects it to my computer and it runs just as it should - at FW400 protocol. What this means is that daisy chaining with this specific unit is impossible unless you get it repaired from Synthax (RME's US service center), which will cost $150-200 after shipping. I never had enough downtime to send the thing in and never needed to daisy chain, so I used it as-is and never had a problem.

So, if you don't need to daisy chain, you've just saved about $350 on a killer interface. If you do need to, you can send it in to Synthax, pay them the $150-200 to replace the FW800 ports, and end up with the same killer interface but having saved a bit for your troubles. I can also ship it directly to Synthax if you'd like and have them return it to you after the repair, that's not a problem.

Roland RT10 Triggers

1x Snare - $60
3x Toms - $50/each
All 4 for $200 and I'll include short 1/4"-XLR cables to run normal XLR cables with.

EMG 89 - $45

Includes push/pull pot, stereo jack, and battery harness.

Seymour Duncan single coil set - $100

SSL5 bridge, SSL1 RWRP middle, SSL1 neck. aged white covers, in boxes with screws/rubber bits.

Friday bump/slight pricing update on a few items and SM58 gone as it sold (Thanks Skaldir!)

I should also mention that if you run an external HDD that has two firewire ports then you can still definitely daisy-chain the FF800 to it; you just can't daisy-chain two FF800 units together.

Bump for some items sold and price drops. $750 shipped is the lowest I'll go on the RME; if it doesn't sell in a couple weeks I'll just have it repaired and sell it for the full $1100 or whatever the current market is.