FS: RME FF800 - $800 (details inside)

CJWall

Oct 21, 2005
Southwest Florida, USA
EDIT: I'm also considering trades for: outboard compressor, UAD-1 card or a Trident S20/Great River pre.

Okay, here's the deal. As much as I've loved my FF800, about two months back my Fireface took a dive on me. After sending it in to Synthax US for service, it was determined that my unit had a faulty firewire chipset. Since my unit was out of warranty, I paid for the repair on my old unit (which wasn't too bad) and in return Synthax sent me a replacement unit from their b-stock.

Fast forward to about two weeks ago when I got my replacement unit. To make a long story short, I believe this unit also has a problem with the FW400 port. I'm not sure if it's user error or what at this point, but I do not have the time to be without a decent interface while waiting for my unit to be checked once again by Synthax. Even more so, I want to make the move to a full Digi-made Pro Tools rig (003R).

So I'm offering my FF800 for $800 *AS-IS*. I do believe (from various user reports) that the FW800 port works fine but as I do not have the proper cables/adaptors to check, I can not guarantee this.

Comes in the original box Synthax send it to me in with manual, powercord and invoice from Synthax for the repair and replacement. (this unit shipped to me 7/2/2007).

I'll find out if this replacement unit is under any kind of warranty as well which could potentially make things easier for anyone involved.

I'm losing a lot of money on this but I just want to move on with recording/mixing and making music!

Shipping to the US only.

Thanks!
Charlie

I own an RME ADI-2. Those converters sound unbelievably good for the price I paid ($650). And I hear the FF800 are of the same caliber (with more channels obviously).

So If anyone is remotely interested in getting new converters, I would highly recommend CJWALL's offer!