Fuck "dreaming Neon black" and "The Politics of Ecstasy"!

aww come on trapped. hes talkin shit about your favortie. tear into him! call him durty names! point out what a fuckin cumbucket pice of dog shit he is!! come on, we want blood!
-neal

Originally posted by neal
aww come on trapped. hes talkin shit about your favortie. tear into him! call him durty names! point out what a fuckin cumbucket pice of dog shit he is!! come on, we want blood!
-neal

[intellectual trapped]

uvaldo, what reasons do you give for your seemingly primitive statement "Fuck POE and DNB"? Musically Politics of Ecstasy is far superior to dead heart in a dead world, for instance, take the complexity of the "I have never seen god" section of "Seven Tongues of God", an almost Meshuggah-esque technical groove, and then place it up against the simple nu-metal-esque introduction riff of Narcosynthesis, or the simple chordal progression of Beleive in Nothing. Van williams in particular seems much more comfortable in the complex surrounds, especially when it comes to cymbal work, compare his ride work of say, 42147, where instead of keeping the beat, he taps out a different rhythm that wavers between on and offbeat hits, and then have a listen to anything from Dead Heart, and you will see that he sounds very "Held Back", if not squashed a little. The only section that i can recall using this idea is the song Dead Heart, but because of the rediculous production, the booming guitars swallow the cymbalwork a fair bit in the heavy sections.

As for Dreaming Neon Black, while not as technical rhythmically as Politics, it draws from the same "Complicated Groove" principle, in particular that of Poison God Machine. You would be hard pressed to find anything anywhere near as innovative as the groove riff from Poison God somewhere on Dead Heart. Something else that nevermore have expanded upon with Dreaming Neon Black is the "Dark" quality to the music, the melancholic, almost gothic feel to many if not all the tracks. The clean guitar is creepy and unnerving, and the spanish solo in Deconstruction is quite a new idea for Nevermore. You may have noticed the somewhat "Happy" feel to alot of Dead Heart's clean guitar passages, partly due to the production, the lack of sonic texturing that nevermore have been known for, and the fact that the band seem to have gone for an almost "Powermetal" style of playing this time around.

The main thing that i miss when it comes to Dead Heart, is the riffs. There is nothing that comes close to the opening riff of 42147, the monster that is The Learning, or the cool groove of The Death of Passion. You will notice that alot of Dead Heart is actually simple chord progressions, and while this approach may appeal to a wider audience through easy accessiblity stylistacally, the initial interest wavers through lack of attention-grabbing, and lack of depth musically, and ultimately comes across on a "One Hit Wonder" basis. A couple of good ideas, but nothing that makes the album nor the songs stand on their own.

Now, while musically Dead Heart is a little lacklustre, i would like to mention the lyrics as a point of interest, as always, Warrel Dane is the lyrical genious, and i tip my hat to what he has done with the somewhat limiting music lyrically, and vocally. Also, while the production is so squashed and boosted to the point of almost humour, the vocals are quite well recorded, and it would be interesting to see the guitar tone of Politics, with the Vocal mastering of Dead Heart.

While personally you have your opinions, and i have mine, there should be no logical explanation as to why you should think Dead Heart is superior to Politics. If there is anything you would like to ask about my response, feel free... again, i am not attacking you, i would just like you to back your statement up somewhat, as opposed to a randomly generated statement, that seems somehwhat intended to provoke.

On another topic, I beleive that Enemies of Reality will be much more interesting musically than Dead Heart, but i beleive that it will also suffer the restraints of a similar production. Complicated music needs room to breathe, and room for dynamics, and this kind of compressed-to-buggery production simply doesn't allow for that musical aesthetic.

[/intellectual trapped]

that was an intellegent, well said, and well thought out essay. but that guys ears must be too full of DICK to notice all the things you said. i mean fucking shit man. fuck poe? fuck poe!?! thats just blaspheme! the tone on dead heart is SHIT! they need to dump that fuck they got to do it and go back to kernon or however you spell his name. sneap is a nu-metal guy and it fuckin shows.
-neal

you asked for it :)

I hope the guy reads it and gives me a proper reply and doesn't flame or nothing, that took me a while to write :lol:

well if he thinks DHIADW is better than POE i think he might be too short on brains to comprehind what you wrote. we shall see though.
-neal

ha ha, maybe i can get a job as spokesperson for the band... ha ha, travel to countries with a population of 12, and promote the band :lol:

hey, they've got a pretty good following here...

I think there's somewhere around 20 million people in australia...

well yeh i didnt mean you have 12 poeple THERE haha. i juest meant you should start where ya live before flying over the kizbakistan to spread the word heh.
-neal

Well, i've already done my part around here.. There's at least five or six new nevermore fans... and one guy that's gone from a techno bitch to long haired death fan :D

...My work here is done... he he

i was listening to dead heart again the other day and then dreaming neon black.man,dead heart is CRAP compared to other nevermore stuff.it's ten levels below,how the FUCK did they lose their way so much?for me,they went from making art to making straight metal.they are making great metal,but they used to do great art,and you just cant compare...listen to anything off poe,im or dnb and then anything off dh.anyway i hope enemies of reality is a really dark and complex album that will scare away all the iced earth loving newbies who became fans of the band because of dh.to hell with dead heart

i don't think dead heart is too much different from the others.

it is only much more simple.

but this does not mean tht is crap or ugly.

however compared to iced heart is still like stravinsky!

:lol:

Dead heart in a dead world is good. I like it. Some of the songs are a bit 'gay' in the olde sense of the word.

Politics of ecstasy......it's good too has it's highs and lows though.

S/T first half is excellent, secend half goes down hill.

Dreaming neon black kills them all dead and then pisses on thier grave.