Fuck ebay and UPS

sirscratch01

Sep 2, 2008
Miami, Fl
I guess i'll share this story here since pretty much all i can do about it for the moment is sit with my thumb up my ass and wait.

So last week I bid on and won a tiny terror from ebay. I paid right after and the seller let me know it was being shipped. So yesterday after tracking it online all week it finally says delivered so i come flying home excited as hell for what I had dubbed "new amp day" (arguably one of the best unofficial holiday for any of us i'm sure) only to get there and find nothing outside any of my doors. I called ups and they inform me that it had been shipped to my old address a few miles away so i quickly flew over there and nothing. I pounded on this dude's door for 45 mins and finally left a note on his car. When he called me a few hours later he informed me that he had recieved the package and taken it back to the ups store, but when i called the store this morning they said they had no packages and pretty much no one knows what the hell is going on.

So my pquestions right now are 1) why the hell would ups leave something thats insured for $400 just laying at someones door without needing a signature. and 2) my correct address was listed as my shipping address on ebay, how the hell did the seller get my old one.

Anyone ever have something like this happen? What should I do? I e-mailed the seller to ask him to have his store trace the package like ups suggested but that doesn't seem too logical to me.

FUCK!!

Crap...that sucks.

I would imagine that if you have something insured (for any price) you'd need a signature to receive it, even if it is proxy for someone else. So they shipped it to the wrong house...whatever. That happens, they just had old info. But how'd that dude get the package unless he forged your signature? If he really did return it, UPS should have it under lock and key.

Is it possible they will re-ship at some point? At least if worse comes to worse you have the thing insured.

Go through both your paypal and ebay accounts and make sure you only have your current address stored.

Oh and since for the most part I hate paypal, I'm gonna blame them in this manner. Although, not sure why the seller didn't ask for the address, I ALWAYS do in order to avoid bullshit like this.

As far as the signature thing goes, I have had shit shipped to my place and ANYONE can sign for it. All that has to happen most of the time is they be an adult.

I figured the same about the signature but i spoke to ups and they said that it was just left at the front door when no one answered. And now they're trying to say that the insurance wont cover this if it doesn't turn up because they "delivered" it.

How the hell can anyone claim to not be responsible for something when your only job was to get something from one person's hands and into another's and then halfway there you just left it on the street?? That's some fucked up business right there.