UPS HATE thread

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Yeah, I did it.

Anyone know how long an insurance claim takes?

I'm pretty much fed up with UPS.

About 10 years ago I ordered a Mesa Mark IV, used, and shipped UPS. It showed up in a crumbled up box and broken tubes (for some reason the seller shipped them in the sockets =/). After contacting the seller and UPS, nothing got resolved.

Just last week I purchased a Mesa 4x12, used, and had it shipped. Shows up in a crumbled up box, damaged. Filed a claim online. It's been 5 days and not a single call/email to either the seller or me.

Pre-ordered GTA V, thinking "If I pre-order, it should show up the day of release!!" - WRONG. Yesterday was release day and tracking number claims it was in TN. Today it's in NJ, and tracking says ETA is Monday the 23rd. Everyone is playing GTA V and I'm refreshing my tracking number 50x a day. :lol:

I have gotten packages that were totally fine. But seriously, I've been fucked over more than I have been satisfied.

Let's hear your horror stories. I'm just furious.

I tried to buy a box and packaging from a UPS store, but it would have cost an arm and a leg to ship it with them for some stupid reason, so I just asked for packaging and a box and I was going to send it through the postal service. They got all uppity once they realized I wasn't sending it with them and said USPS would lose it, damage it, it was 3X more expensive (I looked it up on my phone while I was standing there and realized they were calculating per ounce rather than the flat rate, so they were literally lying to my face). They actually refused to put more styrofoam or whatever in the box unless I shipped it with them.

I sometimes have dreams about going back there and throwing a molotov cocktail through the window.

Excellent, excellent Monkey Island reference next to your avatar, sir. :headbang:

Guybrush_Threepwood.png

:headbang:

I was unfortunate enough to work for UPS for a short amount of time. During my time there I actually saw a metal baseball bat that had been shattered in half...yes you heard that right. The treatment of packages is beyond horrible and it amazed me that any package would meet its destination undamaged. For anything under 10 lbs you are better off going with USPS and anything larger FedEx. Every time I get a package from FedEx including my Avatar cabinet, it didn't even have a scratch on the packaging, it looked like it was just packed and delivered by hand to me. My 5150 on the other hand, coming through UPS barely survived, it was literally falling out of the destroyed box. Thankfully it wasn't damaged.

I hate UPS but I wouldn't give FedEx or USPS any better marks. Fedex ground routes are franchised so you're at the mercy of whatever dude buys your area.

I dunno, over the years I've made at least 4-5 insurance claims for stuff UPS has broken (both things I sent and received), but since the last one a couple years ago I've used the USPS for countless things I've shipped and I've never once had a problem with a delayed or broken shipment. Fuck UPS, support the postal service!

I dunno, over the years I've made at least 4-5 insurance claims for stuff UPS has broken (both things I sent and received), but since the last one a couple years ago I've used the USPS for countless things I've shipped and I've never once had a problem with a delayed or broken shipment. Fuck UPS, support the postal service!

Yeah, at least USPS is (theoretically) statutorily and legally obligated to provide reliable service. No such thing for UPS or FedEx.

I hate UPS. At the place I work, we use Fedex Home Delivery for packages. We ship about 100-150 packages a day all over the country. In the 3 years I have been working there, I have only had to put in 1 trace (lost package etc). Unfortunately the system for claiming damaged items etc. is fucked for all of them. I guess too many people would claim they never received a package etc when they did and go their money back or something. Cases can take up to 6 months to clear.

Never had bad experience with a courier company. Always on time, never damaged goods. Maybe it's because the couriers are working as sub companies here, the delivery car is owned by them and only branded by the big company, so with car payments on your head, you'd be reluctant to risk your job.

I hate them too. It took them almost a week to deliver a package that was payed as "next day delivery" once. Never heard single "sorry" or any explanation.

Its possible that this wasn't UPS's fault. I order some mics through amazon once and paid for next day shipping. Then after I placed the order, it said the estimated delivery date was 5 days away. After several minutes of raging, I called amazon and they said the purchases was through a 3rd party dealer and takes 3-4 days to process the order.. :puke:
At least they cancelled the order before it went through.

But anyways. I hate UPS just as much as the next guy. When I went to visit my dad a few years ago, I had my guitar shipped UPS instead of taking it on a plane. It arrived with a nice big dent on the neck and 2 or nicks on the body. Luckily it was an inexpensive guitar.

I know it was shipped immediately because I got the package number from the seller. The package was lying at one of their warehouses for a few days (according to their website shipment monitoring system) and I wasn't able to get ahold of anyone on the phone.

I swear to Christ, every day makes me rage just harder and harder.

Yesterday my copy of GTA V is in Pennsylvania. Cool.

Today: Maryland.

WHY.

Just.....why?!? I understand these packages get shipped in bulk to different hubs or whatever, but why the FUCK would they have it about 30 mins from me then take it almost 4 hours away?!?!

Same as with my Mesa cab - it went passed my location and then back. So retarded.

I swear to Christ, every day makes me rage just harder and harder.

Yesterday my copy of GTA V is in Pennsylvania. Cool.

Today: Maryland.

WHY.

Just.....why?!? I understand these packages get shipped in bulk to different hubs or whatever, but why the FUCK would they have it about 30 mins from me then take it almost 4 hours away?!?!

Same as with my Mesa cab - it went passed my location and then back. So retarded.

They're probably sending it around to various locations, farting on it, then sending it back just to mess with you.

I've come to the conclusion that my bandmates contacted UPS and fucked with my order because I'm in charge of the bulk of rhythm guitar tracking and I keep telling them that once I get my copy of GTA, all recording comes to a hault. :lol: