Fuck Gigantour.

AjDeath said:
I live in bumfuck Maine, the nearest place to buy a ticket was the venue(s) which is 45 minutes away. Ticketmaster online charges a surcharge plus sales tax, I paid fifty bucks to see Nevermore and the venue screwed the line up up. Waste of time.

ummmmm, the nearest show for me was 2 hours away. I paid the 45 dollars (ticket price plus ticketmaster charges) same as you did.

Once again, your not helping your cause. :tickled:

You keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.

DreamNeonBlack said:
ummmmm, the nearest show for me was 2 hours away. I paid the 45 dollars (ticket price plus ticketmaster charges) same as you did.

Once again, your not helping your cause. :tickled:

You keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.
Well, I geuss you're the Hardcore! Look, I don't care if you pulled out your meth infected teeth for a chance to blow a bandmember. I missed Nevermore and I am pissed, they still got my support when I bought the fucking ticket, so they didn't lose money there. I bought two copies of TGE because my brother wanted one, I am buying another copy because I gave mine away to my drummer. Ticketmaster needs to be shut down for racketeering and I am dissapointed that any "metal" band would use those shitheads. Don't tell me it's the only way. The point is this tour was a waste of my money and time, me the consumer. Fuck the bands and fuck your infantile "dig deeper, you don't support corporate whore tours" bullshit. I gave the bands the benifit of the doubt about t-shirt prices, but not for sucking the collective cocks of a sycophantic industry and its fans. Go record some vocals and let this thread die, it was a one off.

Death_Work said:
So you don't think the point is to play infront of lots of fans all around the world?
my apologies. I should have said one point of touring is to make money. Although increased exposure indirectly leads to more money as well and there's a lot to be said for a band with an impressive live show. But I don't think anyone goes out on the road hoping to just break even.

AjDeath said:
Actually, I am saying fuck giant packaged tours that cost an arm and a leg to go to, me3anwhile the tour puts the best act first and gives them a twenty minute set. Yeah, fuck that.

Okay I'm not bashing you or anything...so don't get all angry

..I drove 7 hours from Canada to Maine to see Nevermore, Dreamtheater and Megadeth, although i mostly went for nevermore. Everything in Portland was really screwed up, but i read all the gigantour forums and checked the venue websites..we all got up at like 6am and started the drive and made sure we were AT the venue an hour early once we got to Portland just so we wouldn't miss Nevermore.

Plus warrel posted that everyone should be there early anyway..but i donno maybe you were at one of the first shows before that..

I'm just sayin for me..I had a great experience and $35 american (50 bucks for me too) plus food, hotel and merch..was well worth the money.
I'm sorry that you didn't have a good time, but i thought it was amazing :tickled: Nevermore's 20min set was very intense and was the best 20min EVER. So they made good use of their time at least.

I hope you'll have better luck in the future (not being sarcastic). Maybe it'll help if you make sure that you get there early.

I am SO FUCKING pissed! I told my friends lets go early but nooooooo they said, the show starts at 6....the ticket says 6..... Got there at 6:15 and fucking caught Symphony X at their 3rd to last song...MISSED Nevermore by like 1 whole fucking hour.. What made the time worth while was Dream Theater (they were awesome and I don't care if anybody thinks they suck) and sort of the fact that I got to shake Loomis' hand..... only thing is I just said, in my angst, that I missed their set and was about to say the new albus if AWESOME......but he just said "well, it's not our fault"....
o.o
Caught me off guard......wasn't saying that it was his/their fault......wtf

AjDeath said:
Well, I geuss you're the Hardcore! Look, I don't care if you pulled out your meth infected teeth for a chance to blow a bandmember. I missed Nevermore and I am pissed, they still got my support when I bought the fucking ticket, so they didn't lose money there. I bought two copies of TGE because my brother wanted one, I am buying another copy because I gave mine away to my drummer. Ticketmaster needs to be shut down for racketeering and I am dissapointed that any "metal" band would use those shitheads. Don't tell me it's the only way. The point is this tour was a waste of my money and time, me the consumer. Fuck the bands and fuck your infantile "dig deeper, you don't support corporate whore tours" bullshit. I gave the bands the benifit of the doubt about t-shirt prices, but not for sucking the collective cocks of a sycophantic industry and its fans. Go record some vocals and let this thread die, it was a one off.

You are sooooo angry. LOL
"dig deeper, you don't support corporate whore tours" bullshit."

When did I ever say that?
:tickled: You funny.

Tiff said:
hmm I thought the point of all tours was to make money.

obviously you are NOT a musician and if you are, you don't have a heart in the right place!
Music is a way of life loved by those who live it and that is not for the money but to create art and doesn't pay in money but in appreciation.
Nuff said!!!

Metros said:
I am SO FUCKING pissed! I told my friends lets go early but nooooooo they said, the show starts at 6....the ticket says 6..... Got there at 6:15 and fucking caught Symphony X at their 3rd to last song...MISSED Nevermore by like 1 whole fucking hour.. What made the time worth while was Dream Theater (they were awesome and I don't care if anybody thinks they suck) and sort of the fact that I got to shake Loomis' hand..... only thing is I just said, in my angst, that I missed their set and was about to say the new albus if AWESOME......but he just said "well, it's not our fault"....
o.o
Caught me off guard......wasn't saying that it was his/their fault......wtf

Poor Loomis...He's probably just tired of hearing a lot of fans say the same thing. I'm sure wasn't suggesting anything by it.
For the most part..I think it's the venue's who are having problems and can't get their acts together. Also they can't have a general start time for every city because of curfews and such.

You need to kick your friends right in the face hehee

DreamNeonBlack said:
You are sooooo angry. LOL
"dig deeper, you don't support corporate whore tours" bullshit."

When did I ever say that?
:tickled: You funny.

DreamingNeonBlack said:
so you are saying fuck Gigantour, fuck supporting Nevermore, fuck them perhaps moving their careers to the next level?

ok.

When did I ever fucking say that? I guess that sort of bullshit doesn't work both ways?

So, who really gives a shit about this now? Not I.

Yeah, it wasn't Loomis' fault at all....I kinda iterupted him with all the groupies around him and he actualy took the time out to shake my hand and try to talk to me while listening/talking to the others. Fucking venues.....they suck big, fat, hairy, sweaty balls! ;[

Nevermore was excelent. I went to the Aug.24th Holmdel show. And ya know, I got thier about an hour before the start time on the tickets and the pre-show band was wrapping up and Bobaflex then went on at 4:45 for what was said to be a 5:00 show.

So ya, they all just prolly started early... and people got screwed out of certain bands because of it.

I agree that DEP should have been first... well basically because they suck. But that's besides the point. The tour was amazing. All the bands were great except for DEP and Dry Kill Logic ( IMO ). I love how Fear Factory played a little bit of Pantera's 'Walk' during their set. They played the " RE! SPECT! WALK!" chorus.

Either way, it's worth the time... if you get there to see the band you want. I saw Nevermore play, then I bought TGE there and got to meet them and had them sign the booklet. It was fucking awesome.