FUCK IT! Im giving up ............

Hmmmmmmm, a quick look around the room ..........

2x Boss PQ-4 (parametric eq pedals) hard to find
Boss SD-1 (made in Japan)
Boss metalzone mt-2
Boss CS-3 Compressor
Boss GE-7
Boss GEB-7
Boss BR 900 CD
Boss Micro BR
Boss DR Rhythm 770 (drum machine)
Boss GL-100 Guitar Driver rack unit (like the Peavey Rockmaster)
HBE Uno Mos
HBE Gary Holt Doomsday device, (No 15)
HBE Powerscreamer (blue)
BBE Sonic Maximizer 461
Presonus EQ3B
Kustom 60 watt bass amp combo
Logitech 5.1 gaming speaker system w/sub
Roland VS1880 w/both cards
BC RICH N7 Warlock (made in Japan) 7 string guitar (black)
Ibanez RG 7620 w/Seymour Invaders bridge and neck w/case (black)
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Camo Les Paul w/case
Ibanez J Craft RG 3120DAM 6 string w/J Craft case and paperwork
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt head and Line 6 box
Peavey 6505+ Head and 6505 Cabinet (10 hours use) .........

Thats about it for now! :puke:

What'll that leave you with?

What'll that leave you with?

Hahahahaha! :lol: Still plenty mate. Keeping .....

XXX
Randall warhead cabs
Ibanez K7 (hate Korn, but this is the best 7 string I have ever played)
RG 7620
Mac and pt8
Yammy hs80s
Maxon 808
isp decimator
boss ns-2
mogami cables
possible schecter Loomis

Thats plenty to write, mix and produce with! :lol:

I could probably do with a spot of 'gear prioritization' me ownself. Tidying up the family room today, I found a cardboard box under the pool table containing a bass neck and nine guitar necks. For fuck's sake. :loco:

Yea I said fuck it too. I'm selling the last of my amps and guitars. Keeping 1 guitar a bass and using amp sims. If I ever get any label interest I'll set up a proper rig and search for the grail tone. You spend so much time searching for the perfect guitar tone, the perfect kick sample etc.... It takes away from the creativity . I just pick up a few idea's from this forum so my stuff does'nt sound like total shit.

Thanks for this thread mate. It inspired the last point on my production tips thread.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers mate. I read your thread the other day and it had a bearing on my whole outlook. There is that many styles and whatnot out there, that at the end of the day, if it sounds good, go with it, then check it a few months down the track. Just wish I could learn 20% of what you know on the mix side of things, make life a bit easier.

You can't do it all man. To brush up on my production knowledge I had to completely neglect my guitar playing and music for years. You have to pace yourself and set priorities about what's most important to you at any one point in time.

This thread makes me feel better about choosing to do basically the same thing... I'm going to get a tone I am happy with my plugins, and just write and release music to my hearts content :)

This thread makes me feel better about choosing to do basically the same thing... I'm going to get a tone I am happy with my plugins, and just write and release music to my hearts content :)

+ 1,000,000, minus 4 amps, 11 guitars and a whole bunch of effects and shit!
You have just written a code of honour for me, thanks dude!

You can't do it all man. To brush up on my production knowledge I had to completely neglect my guitar playing and music for years. You have to pace yourself and set priorities about what's most important to you at any one point in time.

Ha! This sounds so familiar! Right now, I'm catching up with my playing aswell..

One of my teachers said once that at some point I'd have to make a choice between playing music and recording/mixing it. I hate the idea of losing both, so I'm trying hard to find a balance. It's not easy.. :erk:

i always figured it to be pretty fruitless to chase down a "dream" tone, because there's a million tones that are perfect for a million scenarios

BUT...i might buy some of your used shit from you lol

I feel as though my recording skills don't progress as fast as I want them to because I concentrate much more on writing songs, but at the end of the day, I enjoy writing songs a lot more because I feel I am better at it than I am at recording, and I don't care enough about all the little recording details to become as good as I would possibly like to be. If I can get better to a point where it makes the songs I write sound good enough for me to think they are 'worthy' of whatever they need to be 'worthy of', then great.

For now, I just want to concentrate on my band and the writing of the songs, and see where things end up. As much as I have fun recording things, I'd much rather have someone else do it and end up with a far better result. :lol:

Ive always tried to find my dreamtone, and i am VERY close.. but i know it is impossible to get it, because there is no amplifier, or instrument in this world that is dynamic enough! :lol:
The latest thing i have been chasing is the perfect guitar setup(Neck Relief, String height etc.).. and it seems to be even harder then finding the perfect tone!
I can make a setup on a guitar that makes me play clean as a holy shitload full of bananas, but it feels like shit to play on it.. and i can do a setup that make me play like shit, but feels fuckin' awesome! I want both god damnit! >;/

Dude ... CONGRATS !!!

I came to this realization in about 99'

I went through Mesa, Bogner, Marshall, Engl, Genz Benz, Digitech, ADA, Randall all kinds of shit to find that elusive tone.

WhenIi went back and listened to the bands albums none of my tones were bad they just were a little different then what I was looking for internally. It was at that point I sold everything and stuck to my trusty JCM and when it died I decided to look for something new and fresh, and something cheap since music has become 2nd in my life to a wife and kids ...lol

Now when I say cheap I don't mean shit, but I am loving the new amp I bought and it sounds great imho. Hail the mighty Valveking !!

Have fun!!!