Fuck! My Guitar Is Broken!!

bleedingskeptic

boo hoo
Oct 13, 2001
That's it, my life is over, my guitar is broken. The input (or whatever the fuck you call it...the place where you stick the fucking cord into the fucking guitar!) fell off!! Its always been loose, but when i took the cord out today it fell right off! And to make matters worse, when I try to fix it it always goes on crooked! ALWAYS!! NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY IT SLIPS ON AN ANGLE EVEN IF I HOLD IT IN PLACE WHEN I SCREW IT BACK ON AND THE CORD CAN'T GO IN ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna be in a bad mood tomorrow...:mad:<-------me tomorrow.

Yeah, something like that happened to me. The jack got disconnected and Melodee Music soldered it for $5. Just ask someone at a music store to fix it.

I already did that once. The whole part got bent once when my guitar fell off its stand so everything inside is being pushed to the side. It can't go on straight anymore because the peice was fucked up to begin with. I'll just have to buy a replacement for that...still doesn't make me feel better that I know this. *kicks a puppy in anger*

What did the puppy ever do to you? :cry:

It's not like a replacement piece would cost that much. When I saw this thread I thought that you meant your guitar was broken in half or something :p

no, but me and my friends were supposed to practice for a gig in two weeks. well, there goes that idea. i mainly more pissed that i'll be repairing my guitar this weekend instead of practicing.

I see. Now that is more understandable. We also need to practice, but our drummer now needs a bass drum. Maybe you can borrow a guitar from a friend?

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Yeah I know someone else here that has been having some major "cant keep the cable in the Ibanez problems".

:D

*awaits punchline*

So what if my output jack is held in with electrical tape and the ground slips on occasion!?!?!? It's not like I take the thing into the studio or anything... except a couple of times. :p

always always keep the input nut tight! if not all that moving around can rip the cables up inside! and you will have to have that solder onto the input. Take the cover off the back and the unscrew the plate under the input jack and just get everything nice and straight.

this is a pretty simple problem to remedy. You'd have cause to be upset if you had trodden on your neck and snapped it(I know people who have done this), or your guitar feel out of it's case onto concrete or something. Don't stress, that's a piss of piss to fix

Originally posted by Analog_Kid
So what if my output jack is held in with electrical tape and the ground slips on occasion!?!?!? It's not like I take the thing into the studio or anything... except a couple of times. :p
Electrical tape... Never go to a gig without it... Almost more important than extra strings... almost...

Input jacks always go. Way to avoid frustration is to:
1)Learn to solder, save yourself the extortionate charge levied by the repair bloke for simple things. Soldering isn't hard, also a good skill. This way you'll be able to replace the selector switch when that goes as well, and the volume/tone pots, and put new pickups in etc...

2)Electrical tape. Tape the jack back on if the whole plate has come of, or if the thread in the wood has gone. If the thread in the wood is gone, try this: Break of a bit of cocktail stick, put it in the whol, remove excess sticking out. Then screw the plate back on. The cocktail stick should create a new "thread" and keep the screw in place. This is usefull for strap buttons where the strap pin comes out of the wood etc :)

3)Replace the entire jack if need be, 1) will help you here. Parts are common and not too expensive.

4)If you need to rehearse see number2, get it fixed properly after that, just make sure it works. Although I am sure some guy in a guitar shop can fix it pretty quickly

5)If it's a screw in jack, make sure the nut on the plate is tightened. Don't want it coming loose

It happend to me aswell on my old guitar and this 11 year old kid fixed it!!. So it cant be that hard :)