Fuck. My house got robbed.

That's horrible man, my condolences and I hope it all works out ok. I know the feeling; my house was broken into while I was at work and I came home to find 3 police cars parked in front and I panicked thinking something happened to one of the kids.

Thankfully they didn't get away with much and it ended up being some kids who were caught pretty quickly nearby. But it really messed up my daughter, who couldn't sleep for weeks, afraid someone was going to try and break in again in the middle of the night to "try and steal her or her little brother". I still want to strangle those kids for that fact alone.

1- In Brazil we dont have that. My car got hit once and the security company found a way to rape my ass and not pay me even tho´ i was paying everything correcly, so you get the idea.

WHAT??????????????????
you fucking pay for insurance and then they stab you in the back?
What a fucking bunch of assholes.
So what's the point in having an insurance, those bastards....

That fucking sucks.

Oh and I hate insurance as well. You pay into that for years, then when shit happens they pay you a fraction of what your shit is worth (unless you get the replacement stuff and spend more money over the years) and drop you from coverage, or worse your rate goes up.

I'm hoping I never have to use the insurance I have.

My condolences man. I was actually talking about this with my old man yesterday. We were wondering how bad it would blow if we got robbed or if the house caught on fire. We both spend all our money on 'stuff', so if we loose our possessions, then we have practically worked for nothing over the years. I would cry bad. luckily there is almost always someone here at home, and we all carry guns. No robber is ever getting away with my shit without a gun in their face.

Didn't this happen to James a few years back? I remember a thread of someone getting robbed bad, all their studio gear was stolen. It was either him or he just commented in the thread.

Also, might be time to invest in a security system. A robber will tend to pass up a home with one and go for an easier target.

Sorry to hear, friend. My condolences. But as you said, at the very least no one was harmed and you accompanied your wife throughout the ordeal. Hope you get back on your feet or at least find a lead to who did it. Even though it's a long shot, best of luck.

Very sorry to hear that, man. If you can't get insurance/defend your property, maybe you should think about running for public office on the "property rights" issue. Sounds like you're not alone. Push for a "castle law."

-0z-

2. Get a Gun... You have the legal right to protect your own property (If live in America that is)

you have a right to protect your property, but in the eyes of the law a life is worth more than any material object, and if you kill or severely harm someone in order to protect some stuff, you WILL go to prison

it's the individual's right to protect their own life and that of their family that allows one to use a firearm against an intruder...but you must be able to prove that a "reasonable person" would have found such use of force to be necessary

either way...sorry to hear about your shit getting stolen, it always sucks to have things you're worked for taken by some lazy cockgobbler

That sucks ass, sorry to hear that man...best thing is to be happy about that u and your wife are fine.
normally they observe a house before they break in, to make sure that theres no trouble...but bad things happen, so fuck the stuff.

Stories like this make me appreciate living in the boondocks.

doesn't always guarantee security

lately, around where i live, many people who live in the country have been getting robbed, especially out of barns and other outbuildings, because it's known that no one else will be around if the residents aren't home

doesn't always guarantee security

lately, around where i live, many people who live in the country have been getting robbed, especially out of barns and other outbuildings, because it's known that no one else will be around if the residents aren't home

Happened to the dude in the U.K. He ended up shooting and killing one of the assailants, and is serving a long ass prison term. Pure BS.

-Joe

you have a right to protect your property, but in the eyes of the law a life is worth more than any material object, and if you kill or severely harm someone in order to protect some stuff, you WILL go to prison

it's the individual's right to protect their own life and that of their family that allows one to use a firearm against an intruder...but you must be able to prove that a "reasonable person" would have found such use of force to be necessary

absolutely, 100% untrue. at least in Florida, and every other state, like Texas, and many others, that have the Castle Doctrine. you have the right the protect your property with lethal force, and zero obligation to wait and see if they intend any mayhem on your person, or your family.

the castle doctrine extends from your home and grounds to your place of employment, and even your car.

absolutely, 100% untrue. at least in Florida, and every other state, like Texas, and many others, that have the Castle Doctrine. you have the right the protect your property with lethal force, and zero obligation to wait and see if they intend any mayhem on your person, or your family.

the castle doctrine extends from your home and grounds to your place of employment, and even your car.

again, not entirely true...

there was a case a while back where some people had a cabin that had been robbed repeatedly, so they rigged up a shotgun to a chair so that when it was broken into again, it would shoot the assailant

well...the person DID break in again, and the robber DID die, and the owners of the cabin were successfully charged and tried for murder

of course this is different than a case where you're present in your home, but the main point is that like i said, the law holds the value of a life over any property. the reason you're allowed to off someone who breaks into your home, while you're there, is due to the possibility that they intend to do you harm, in which case you're allowed to do what you need to do.

i can guarantee you though that in ANY state, if someone breaks into your house and takes your TV while you're home, and you shoot him in the back while he's running down the street with it, you're going to jail for manslaughter.

well of course i wasn't talking about "booby-traps", and i hope you weren't insinuating, or took from what i said, that i in any way advocate shooting petty criminals in the back as they try to get away.

no, i'm only talking about shooting criminals as they enter your home, or are discovered inside it... without needing to wait and see what their intentions are, which would just put you and your family at unnecessary risk, and no reasonable society should favor such laws... but many do. thankfully my state does not.

Greece is a good case study.... according to my buddy Ilias, a native of the Athens area, Greek citizens, despite being trained in weapon use and safety thanks to compulsory military service, are not allowed to own handguns, or any type of gun for self/home defense use.... and may only defend themselvs with equal force, i.e... if attacked with a knife, you can defend yourself with a knife or fists... that's retarded, and shows more consideration for the life and safety of criminals than for law-abiding citizens.

shameful.

well of course i wasn't talking about "booby-traps", and i hope you weren't insinuating, or took from what i said, that i in any way advocate shooting petty criminals in the back as they try to get away

no not at all, i was just arguing the point that one doesn't have the legal right to take a life to protect property, and that the right to kill an intruder has to do with the preservation of one's self and family rather than personal possessions :)

no not at all, i was just arguing the point that one doesn't have the legal right to take a life to protect property, and that the right to kill an intruder has to do with the preservation of one's self and family rather than personal possessions :)

Well yeah, this is pretty obvious. I think the debate is getting a bit blurred here. Obviously if I saw a guy running out of my house with my TV, I'm not gonna shoot him in the back. I think the point here is, the OP, or anyone in his situation, should have the means to defend themselves if someone has the nerve to break into their home while they are there. If the dude is running away, let him. If he's coming at me, then it's a different story. Unfortunately we don't have the castle clause in NJ.

-Joe

Well yeah, this is pretty obvious. I think the debate is getting a bit blurred here. Obviously if I saw a guy running out of my house with my TV, I'm not gonna shoot him in the back.

i know people who probably would, and who also think that they'd get away with it...

Don´t know how the criminal behaves where you live, but here you won´t do shit with a gun. 5.575 people murdered in one year only in my city. That´s almost 16 for every fucking day of the year, and we´re not even on war. Best thing one can do is not putting another gun on the streets. I envy Japan where not even the cops carry guns.