Fuck. My house got robbed.

Yeah, carrying guns here ins not advisable : it is even more dngerous. The only person i know who succesfully owns a gun and killed a robber is my boss and even then i dont agree with shooting or killing someone even though theyre fucking with me.

But..two days later (and without a computer to use - using internet through my crap nokia cellphone or through my wife´s netbook when she´s at home) we´re both calmer. We did a marathon yesterday between the police office and the forensics office (that what call those guys who work in C.s.i right ? ehehhe). The first night was TERRIBLE, we were fearfull of every damn noise we could hear. We´re calmer now, but this thing is scary as shit. I already hired a place to put alarms with 24/7 monitoring on my home, and we´re going to put electrified protection over the village main entrance. We may also put cams but it depend$$$$$. We´re also putting bigger..how do i say it...metal fences? grille? fuck it, you know what i mean. Metal protection surrounding every damn entrance on the house. It will cost 1/3 of what i received last year, but thank God my father will lent me some money to do it. I mean, they took away the notebooks, lcd monitors, etc, but i still have what´s more worth : my wife and my daughter near me. So their protection is priceless.

But the damage was bigger than i tought...They also stole our blender (cheap..) and a backpack i had since i was 13, full of tools worth almost $500 (which may sound as not too much but it is a lot here in Brazil), including tools I was using to build my wife´s cousin amp. Total pocket damage was around $5k worth of shit that was taken away, and 5k worth of home protection.

Btw, i really wish someday i live in country with laws that really protect me. I really envy you american and european guys that are actually treated as citizens - Here, most criminals have more right than I do. I cant shoot ´em, can´t beat ´em, and the police are also half-criminals. They only do their job with some $ help. The government knows that but is too busy with other useless crap. I really hope I can do that someday i that i can grow my daughters in a place unlike this one.

Very sorry to hear that, man. If you can't get insurance/defend your property, maybe you should think about running for public office on the "property rights" issue. Sounds like you're not alone. Push for a "castle law."

-0z-

You know what's weird? Anyone who would be against a castle law. I really don't get it.

"blah blah just call the police"

Yeah ok and wait 15 mins for them to get their slow asses over to your place, a loaded shotgun seems like a better solution to me.

Man! I know your pain... My dads house has been broken into 3 times! He backs onto a soccer ground, so its really shit! The 2nd time, they stole his 1980's Charvel :(