Fuck the Melbourne Cup

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
Yes, fuck the Melbourne Cup.

That's all I wanted to say.

*Oh, but thanks for the day off.*

Meh. I don't have a problem with it, except for a) the people who think that it makes sense to go to non-Melbourne racecourses on MELBOURNE Cup Day, and b) those women who wear those stupid friggin' hats merely because it's Melbourne Cup Day and it's expected of them, and c) the fact that I picked the trifecta last year but decided that no, it won't happen and so there would be no point in putting money on it.

My problem is that it's all you hear about at this time of year because there's no real sport on. Is it as bad up north?

Sorta. It's the lead story on the sports for a week and a bit, and it's all over the papers, but we don't get the day off for it.

I'm going for whatever Frankie Dettori rides and Leica Falcon.

Leica Falcon is like, Nothin' Leica Dane's son or something and that was my favourite horse. Also, it comes from Corowa, which is the tiny place my grandparents live.

Have any of you guys actually been to the Melbourne cup?
I have and its pretty much one of the most fun things i have ever been to.
Hot chicks everywhere, and they want you to check them out, its the only time you can blatantly stare at a chick, whistle, call out, whatever. And they not only don't mind, they love it!!! And im talking about serious babes. Its pretty much impossible not to pick up.
So yea i guess if you have a problem with that, than the Melbourne cup really sux.
I must admit though, I hardly ever see a horse when im there.

Being a tad pessimistic there Blitzy!

The Melbourne Cup is awesome. It's the only race I bet on, because it's such a big thing. Better to accept it than fight it - there's nothing actually wrong with it! It's like a Grand Final day for the footy or something, you're meant to have a great day!

That being said, $5 each way on Leica Falcon I do have. I think this will be the year I finally pick the winner!