FUCK YEAH! The Cult books 20-gig tour!!!

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Reunited THE CULT have officially confirmed that they will undertake a 20-date tour in March 2006. Some had reported the demise of the dark British rock band who've been inactive since 2002. Apparently those rumors were greatly exaggerated. "The eco-world cannot exist without its predators," stated singer Ian Astbury. "Out in the wild it takes all types to make the system work. THE CULT needs the world the world needs THE CULT. We never really go away — everything must have its season and our season is upon us again."

It is no secret that tension between frontman Astbury and guitarist Billy Duffy has been at the forefront of THE CULT's lengthy breaks. The two realize — more than ever — that the strength and balance of THE CULT is the differences they bring to the table. Duffy states, "It's [THE CULT] always been me and Ian and it always will be. We're a little wiser but just as pissed off as we ever were."

THE CULT rose to fame from the streets of London to become one of rock's biggest attractions of the mid-'80s and '90s. Critically acclaimed records and radio hits such as "She Sells Sanctuary", "Wild Flower", "Love Removal Machine", "Edie" and "Fire Woman" propelled the band to arena status. However the band's disdain for the "big machine" of the music business has paid off with the allegiance of their hardcore following. The band never sold out or abandoned their core audience. "We never had fans — we have addicts," explained Astbury. "You either need it or you don't. You either get it or you won't. There is nothing casual about THE CULT. We attract pure votaries."

The tour, tagged "A Return To Wild", will cover 20 cities launching at the legendary Fillmore in San Francisco and winding up at Nokia Live in New York City. Although the band was offered large venues they opted for more intimate houses. These shows are for CULT devotees and the wickedly curious. "We need to reconnect with our people, our tribe," claimed Duffy. "We need to be among them. We want this to be as intimate as possible. You can't do that in an airline hanger, mate."

The band plans to play select dates and explore the possibilities of making new music in 2006 although at press time no firm commitments have been made.

THE CULT is managed by Tom Vitorino Management with booking by Dave Kirby at T.K.O.

THE CULT tour dates:

Mar. 01 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
Mar. 03 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Mar. 04 - San Diego, CA @ House Of Blues
Mar. 05 - Cabazon, CA @ Key Club Morongo
Mar. 07 - Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theater
Mar. 08 - Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theater
Mar. 10 - Dallas, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Mar. 11 - Houston, TX @ Warehouse
Mar. 12 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa
Mar. 14 - Tulsa, OK @ Cains
Mar. 15 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
Mar. 17 - Chicago, IL @ Vic
Mar. 18 - Cleveland, OH @ House Of Blues
Mar. 19 - Detroit, MI @ Emerald Theater
Mar. 21 - Buffalo, NY @ Town Ballroom
Mar. 22 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
Mar. 24 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
Mar. 25 - Atlantic City, NJ @ House Of Blues
Mar. 26 - New York, NY @ Nokia Live

yeah ... i heard this ... I also heard tix are like some ridiculous $$$ ... like $75-$150

I hated the Cult for years and years and years, until I saw them in concert.

The Cult fucking rule.

hahaha

Well when I saw them, they ruled. Some big outdoor fest where I didn't even know what bands were playing. When the MC dude announced the Cult was coming on next, most of my friends and I just groaned and planned on walking around. It took them all of 30 seconds to completely capture us. Great stage presence, energy, sound, etc. Plus the singer dude ate shit while trying to walk on a PA speaker, that ruled.

The Cult at Nokia Theater? Hmm...unless you're lurch height, you can barely see anything on the stage. For Anthrax that didn't matter much, but I wish they were playing BB Kings. I suppose they're too big, hence the $100 ticket charge.

JayKeeley said:
The Cult at Nokia Theater? Hmm...unless you're lurch height, you can barely see anything on the stage. For Anthrax that didn't matter much, but I wish they were playing BB Kings. I suppose they're too big, hence the $100 ticket charge.

way too big Ali, they sold out Roseland last time; I'm actually kind of surprised they're stepping "down" to Nokia.

I was able to see just fine, btw. Well, as much as I could actually see, lol

bunch of fags ... :loco:
well, the same place you got this gig info from ... some weeks earlier mentioned the ridiculous ticket prices to come ...
Ali, if you could not see shit at Nokia, you should have went up to the next level up, where all the shorties hung out :loco:

fuck the Cult ... did anyone catch the Doors with Astbury last year?
is Matt Sorum going on tour with them?

lurch70 said:
Ali, if you could not see shit at Nokia, you should have went up to the next level up, where all the shorties hung out :loco:

That's where I was originally. I had a wicked side view of the stage, up close...but for Anthrax, who gives a shit about the view.

fuck the Cult

Dude...Sonic Temple > you.

oh don't get me wrong ... the Cult is awesome ... I have all the good stuff ... Love, Electric, Sonic Temple ... but to me they are one of those bands that ... you know ... who cares to see them live.

drinking in a bar on a jukebox ... that will do just fine

so I guess astbury gave up on the "the doors reunion" crap with stew copeland and some dude from the doors?

edit: ahhh saw lurch's post, didn't know they actually toured.

yes, the tour was pretty damn successful too ... he pulled off Morrison pretty good ... that took balls for them to do, the remaining members of the Doors anyway.

will have to try to find some video online of this