FUCK YEAH! The Cult books 20-gig tour!!!

lurch70 said:
oh don't get me wrong ... the Cult is awesome ... I have all the good stuff ... Love, Electric, Sonic Temple ... but to me they are one of those bands that ... you know ... who cares to see them live.

drinking in a bar on a jukebox ... that will do just fine

Actually that's a good point.

lurch70 said:
yes, the tour was pretty damn successful too ... he pulled off Morrison pretty good ... that took balls for them to do, the remaining members of the Doors anyway.

will have to try to find some video online of this

so did steward copeland end up drumming for them? I remember they planned on it a while ago, then he "fell off a bike and broke his wrist" and that postponed it all, never heard if he picked the spot back up.

awesome. the cult were the first band i ever actually listened to. mustve been mid to late 80s. would that be accurate?

I've only got Sonic Temple.

that press release is such a bag of pretense I can't begin to explain. "Yes, Billy and I hate each others guts but since we can make money at this we'll be arriving in separate cars and not speaking to each other we can deal with 90 minutes of togetherness per night, especially after the de rigeur DVD increases our profit stream and we can then afford to split up acrimoniously once more."

This is just fucking like the Eagles. HATE HATE HATE oh wait we have to eat and pay the electric bill suddenly we love each other and ah fuck it. rant over.

After two auditions, John Tempesta (EXODUS, TESTAMENT, HELMET, WHITE ZOMBIE, ROB ZOMBIE) has been hired as the new drummer for THE CULT. Tempesta will make his debut with the group when they perform on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" on Friday, February 24 on the CBS-TV network.