Fucking 7 strings packs

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
Used to take 10-52+70 for a good while but I bought some of these today:
I tune BEADgbe.

Anyway, the choice is lean when you play that kind of guitar.

I've just grabbed myself some sets of the cheap (about 80p) Thomann 9's aswell as a single Pyramid 0.58 (about £1.60) for my 7 string, will report back once I've tried them as if you do a decent sized order to work in the postage cost it could be a great option for 7 string players!

HeavyCore7StringSet-11.png

Tried these for the first time today, actually feel great and stay in tune well on my Ibanez (25.5 scale in Bb).

I've never come across a decent set of 7-string strings. They are all so pathetically wimpy it's not even funny. A sick child could snap a bass string on most sets. I use D'Addario EXL140 10-52 set with a 68 or 70 for the seventh string. This is the lightest you can go IMO that still sounds good and feels good. The best thing about it is that I use the EXL140 set on 6 stringers so the feel is the same.

Yeah seems thin, haven't tried them yet but I do use 10-46 sets on my 6 strings dgcfad. The order seems logical with that yellow pack (which is a 10-46 pack + a .56) but I dunno, it's weird. Why does the low B have to be so big ?

I'm so picky with strings, and it's expensive as fuck. One set is like £17 for me. Elixir 9 - 42, then a single Elixir .68 for the B, and then cause Elixir don't do anything thicker than a .68, I have to use a D'Addario .80 for my low E.

I'm so picky with strings, and it's expensive as fuck. One set is like £17 for me. Elixir 9 - 42, then a single Elixir .68 for the B, and then cause Elixir don't do anything thicker than a .68, I have to use a D'Addario .80 for my low E.

Unlike most normal strings, wound Elixir bass strings are the same as their wound guitar strings. If you look into their bass string section, you'll see they go up to 0.080 and beyond.

.80 for the low E what the hell man lol
What kind of fingers have you got ? Italian sausages ?
edit: wait, do you play a 8 strings guitar ?

I've been playing 7 strings for about 6 years now, I must have tried every brand's 7 string set there is, and they all get it completely wrong! That's why I always make up my own sets, usually by buying a 6 string pack first (since there are way more options) and then simply buying a single for the low B.

HeavyCore7StringSet-11.png

Tried these for the first time today, actually feel great and stay in tune well on my Ibanez (25.5 scale in Bb).

You'll want to take them off in about 2 days time. They lost their sparkle SO fast with me it was unreal, and I barely even played the guitar in those 48 hours.

You'll want to take them off in about 2 days time. They lost their sparkle SO fast with me it was unreal, and I barely even played the guitar in those 48 hours.

Might be so, I haven't had them long enough to tell.

Also, I changed my bridge pickup together with the strings (D-Sonic to Blaze - surprisingly I actually like it better now), so it's hard to tell how much of the difference is due to the strings.

Anyway, they're the only decent sized set they sell in my town so I don't have much choice. For sure the SIT 10-58 I tried before that doesn't cut it - 7th string was floppy as all hell!