Full multi-tracks of original song inc. Real drums, DIs and capable players!

Arsenu,

Oct 30, 2008
Hello everyone!

As my band recently disbanded in the midst of working on an EP, i decided to upload the mutitracks of one of the songs for your mixing practice.

Here's my version of the it:

Can't say i'm happy about it, but for what it's worth i guess that will do.
The download link can be found here:
A Lesson Written In Blood multitracks

You might notice the short tempo guide i recently wrote can also be found under the same link. You're more than welcome to give it a read and maybe that will clarify the unusual amount of tempo changes in the song.

The folder contains a midi file for the tempo map, and if that fails there's also a text file where the tempo changes are written.

The rhythm guitars are quad-tracked and DIs to all guitar tracks are included, i didn't include the re-amped tracks as i wasn't happy with the tone myself.

PLEASE READ THE FILE CALLED "!!! READ THIS !!!" AS IT CONTAINS VITAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE TRACKS THAT WILL HELP YOU MIX THEM.

Sorry, i really had to really stress that one out as the drum setup was a bit... unusual :)
SR is 41100/24 bits.

Have a blast, it would be interesting to see what others can make of this.

Cheers, Shay

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Introduce yourself to Chrome, or get them to do a trust fall or something...

i'll work on it next week sounds good :) very very strange bass tone btw :S

I know what you mean, it has very little high mids which makes the tone very muddy. I never quite figured out how it happened as the signal chain was literally bass > DI (Redeye) > Interface. Solid instrument, new strings.
The strings were copper which might explain it as iv'e never tracked copper strings before...
consider it a challenge :)

Love the song, the music and the mix but the singer sucks balls. ;)

Sorry to hear that the band broke up. Just glad I got to see them live when they were at their best. :headbang:
(Why did you never mention anything about the band breaking up?)

Hahaha... so nice hearing my voice being crushed by other forum members :)
Keep 'em coming!

Love the song, the music and the mix but the singer sucks balls. ;)

Sorry to hear that the band broke up. Just glad I got to see them live when they were at their best. :headbang:
(Why did you never mention anything about the band breaking up?)

"Internal band issues" would be the diplomatic explanation, it only happened about a week ago...
It's never that easy getting 5 people to do put time and effort into something that holds no future, and it's a shame that our songs will never be heard by anyone as i think they really are very good (this is not even the best song of the EP) and we had a good show going as you know.

Anyway, waiting for your mix mate :)